PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Default Rear Suspension lift

I need to lift the rear suspension on my 03 H2 about 2-3 inches. Anyone got any ideas?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Default RE: Rear Suspension lift

well, if you lift the rear without lifting the front, you will wind up with a forward-leaning vehicle. My H2 came with a noticeable forward-lean, and it leveled out from cranking the torison bar bolts, located on a cross-member of the frame mid body.

Various folks make leveling kits for the front of the H2 now, which are said to raise the truck 2-3 inches in the front only. Some such kits have been posted on this forum, and i could probably dig up some names if you wanted.

The rear of the H2 is a solid axle, and alot of older pickups and jeeps and other trucks with solid axles are raised just by putting a spacer in the suspension, i've even heard of hockey pucks being used.

The best thing to do if working on this would be to find a local 4x4 shop and ask for some ideas / a price.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 PM

I have already lifted the front as far as it will go. I have 37" tires on it, but the rear seems to be slightly lower now than the front. I have checked with a few 4x4 suppliers in the area and no one seems to have anything available that will lift the rear a few inches.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:26 PM

i don't think you'll find a kit or product oriented towards what you want to do, but i do think your idea is good. the H2 has long needed a modest lift, but the lifts that are available are all "big".

If you lifted the front by cranking the torison bars, you should look at getting some shock extension brackets like those sold by Cognito Motorsports. That will help with ride quality alot and also work towards preventing premature shock failure. Cognito also makes the highest end (i think) leveling kit for the front of H2s and claims its the best thing ever.

From there, if you have coil springs, lifting the rear might be as simple as just putting a spacer (the infamous hockey puck) above the suspension. But instead of opting for that, i'd find a 4x4 shop and ask them for their 2 cents. Always better to find somebody that really knows something rather than somebody who just likes to talk.