PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H1 Owners....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 AM

Yea, 3hummers makes a good point! as with anything else it will depend on how you drive it and what you your using it for. The harder you work it the more things are going to break.

I should note that my truck is just used for bombing around town or going out to the lake, it is anything but a trail truck. So the maintenance costs I have found are no higher than any other vehicle I own.

Brent

Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 AM

when and if you do buy your h1, its always good to check if your local hummer dealership has any time of extended warranty, or anything special. they tend to try and take car of people with the h1's cause they are more rare. i have an extended warranty on my 2002 h1, and it has saved me big bucks. just went into the shop for the normal fluid changes as well as some bearings were replaced and i had a huge oil leak and red engine light on. they fixed and replaced a lot. with my warranty pack, it cost me $500 dollars.
check what dealers have that, it does pay when it comes to big fixes

ironically i just had my 2000 range rover in the shop, cause the water pump died and my fan belt fell off... fun
cost me $700 including labor, i wish i had a warranty like that on my rover

Old 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM

Kind of bringing this one back to life...i am a HUGE h1 lover and look and daydream about them ALL the time. I hope, when my wife gets done with school in about 4 more years, that we can purchase my dream truck! I plan on maintaining it and it being the last truck i ever own. We live on rural south Alabama, where the nearest decent-size town/city (pop over 20k) is about a 30 minute drive down hilly country highway. This truck would be my daily driver. I make the same 30 minute country highway commute to work every day. I usually ride my 05 hayabusa in good weather and my 09 honda accord in inclement weather. Would a 98 4dr truck take too much wear and tear? I am a licensed aircraft mechanic and expect to do most maintenance, esp services, myself...so would regular services be reasonable cost? I have seen the $3500/yr cost. Is this still comparable to today and even if i do most of the maintenance myself? With my commute i can easily put 20-40k mi on a vehicle in a yr if i drive it every single day. I know it should be high because it is rare and unique. Also, what about insurance? monthly/yearly cost and what insurers are recommended? I just dont want my dreams to be dashed...be gentle lol