PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going under the wrench....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Default RE: Going under the wrench....

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

I'm not 100% happy.... but at least that ****ing Kia is not in front of my house anymore....
GOOD!!!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

I also see that they overinflated the tires to fool me.... I keep them at 37.... they jacked them up to 42.... like I wouldn't feel 5psi...

Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 AM

Kia? Ouch. My dealer (Lund in Phx, Hummer/Cadillac/Saab) always puts me in a Caddy through the onsite Enterprise dealer.

$50 tire rotation? When the wheels are already off? Wow, instead of trying to win a customer with a bit of customer service they basically said they are only after today's sale and don't want you as a long-term customer.
[/align]

Old 10-21-2007, 12:06 PM

I hate dealers...they are even worse than a mechanic

Old 10-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Would it be possible to obtain a copy of this sheet from you regarding the power steering?

My 03 seems to have a low pressure situation at idle, but it really doesn't feel like what I am used to when power steering starts to go. If this is "normal" then I will just leave it alone. Truck only has about 12K miles on it, no signs of any leakage or other power steering problem indicators. I've been treating it as if it gets worse I will replace the pump, or when I have a couple of days that the truck isn't needed I will replace the pump. However, if this behavior is known, and not indicative of failure, happy to let it be.

thanks

Old 10-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

PG I will try to scan the paper if I can tomorrow...

They ended up not charging for the rotation.

The best part.... the very best part.... I get in the truck today.... and my old friend mr check engine light is back on again.....

Old 10-22-2007, 03:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

PG I will try to scan the paper if I can tomorrow...

They ended up not charging for the rotation.

The best part.... the very best part.... I get in the truck today.... and my old friend mr check engine light is back on again.....
Fukin Figures!!!![:@][:@]

Old 10-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Going back in tomorrow..... wish them luck....

Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 PM

Had the same issue with Power Steering on my 05 H2, as you described briefly. When in gear at idle it was very hard if not impossible to turn the steering wheel. If you gas it a little raising the RPM's it would turn. I seemed to notice that this happens when the vehicle was hot, driven for a while and in hotter weather.

Anyway I took it into Turnersville Hummer and they said the power steering pump was bad. They replaced it and it worked fine. That was over a year ago. I have noticed that once again this problem has occurred intermittently. Tomorrow it goes in again to be checked out. Although I have no brake issues I will tell you that the power steering pump is also the booster pump for the brakes. So if you are having both issues take it back and tell them to check the pump when it gets hot.

It might solve both your issues. Good luck and I'll let you know what they find for me.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 PM

If they have to keep it again are you gonna press them to get you a real rental this time? Or just get one for the time its in the shop and see what's the best you can get...LOL.... ( that way i'll know next time I go in there )

Quick Reply: Going under the wrench....