PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going under the wrench....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Going under the wrench....

Rental.... not through the dealer.... which I think is crap.... you buy a nice car... and it breaks... and they reward your business with a Kia?

Check engine light = Not warranty. They said it was mud inflicted and not covered. So much for the "We stand behind people that wheel their hummers" They are replacing a vent solenoid something or other. $73

Axle seal = Warranty

Squeeky door panels = they said they have never heard of anyone complaining about them. I said fine. I'll just do it myself.

Power steering/brake issue = "You need new brakes... your rotors are delaminating." What a crock of ****. I've been wrenching for over 20 years and I am insulted that they would tell me something like this.

Here is the best part.... they had to take off the tires to "Inspect" the brakes.... but when it was requested that the tires be rotated.... they said it would be $50.

Not impressed.... and I will be looking for a chat with the service manager soon.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:20 PM

that sucks bro...sorry to hear.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

MuddyD; what's the miles on the brakes??? Just curious. Delaminating? Thanks

Old 10-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

They are not that old.... they have at least 40% of the pad left.... the rotorsare just a little rusty/pitted from the mud. The truck still stops on a dime and makes no noise.... it's no where near the wear indicators/rivits/etc..... it's just bad business for them.... because I will not go back for anything now.... I just inspected the brakes two weeks ago when I changed all the fluids in the truck front to back. My only mistake was not scanning the code myself.... had I known it wasn't under warranty I wouldn't have driven to DE to get it fixed.... the gas and tolls and the repair far exceeded what I would have paid to fix the seal myself.... you live and you learn and it will never happen again....

Old 10-19-2007, 03:39 PM

I don't know how different dealers handle repair work but my dealer here in Baton Rouge La put me in a rental hummer since mine is under warranty. i also learned that they have agreements with enterprise that if your vehicle is a G.M. product that is all theycan put you in if they are paying for it. Maybe its the dealer here that has the stroke.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

I dunno bud.... The crapbox they gave me is from Enterprise.... and when Trey takes his H3 into his dealer (enterprise) they give him a Caddy....

I can understand them not giving me another hummer.... but let's be honest here... I put more down as a downpayment than a 2008 Kia Optima is worth....

Old 10-20-2007, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

Rental.... not through the dealer.... which I think is crap.... you buy a nice car... and it breaks... and they reward your business with a Kia?

Check engine light = Not warranty. They said it was mud inflicted and not covered. So much for the "We stand behind people that wheel their hummers" They are replacing a vent solenoid something or other. $73

Axle seal = Warranty

Squeeky door panels = they said they have never heard of anyone complaining about them. I said fine. I'll just do it myself.

Power steering/brake issue = "You need new brakes... your rotors are delaminating." What a crock of ****. I've been wrenching for over 20 years and I am insulted that they would tell me something like this.

Here is the best part.... they had to take off the tires to "Inspect" the brakes.... but when it was requested that the tires be rotated.... they said it would be $50.

Not impressed.... and I will be looking for a chat with the service manager soon.
He's FULL OF ****!!! I've never met an H2 owner who DOESN'T have SQUEEKY DOOR PANELS!!![:@]

Old 10-20-2007, 02:45 AM

Nice KIA though!!!!Name:  nutkick.gif
Views: 24
Size:  14.4 KB

Old 10-20-2007, 06:04 AM

Hey Muddy atleast your girlfriend won't bang the side mirrors on the Kia, as she does with the H2.You should return the Kia coverred in mud, if they ask just tell them you went wheelin'.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Ok.... here is the final story.

Tires rotated free of charge.

Axle seal repaired under warranty

Vent Solenoid = $73

Powersteering issue = I was given a paper Document ID#1851917 which lists the issue and I was told what I reported isn't what this document is about. I guess I'm just stupid because I only drive the truck once a week... and when it didn't do it for 6 months... and then just started doing it.... I guess according to this paper it's normal. I dunno.... The only thing I know I could have is low power steering pressures... and I will seek out to find out that the numbers are and find out myself... if I can replace the power steering flow control valve (P/N 26095470) according to this sheet.

I'm not 100% happy.... but at least that ****ing Kia is not in front of my house anymore....

Quick Reply: Going under the wrench....