PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FJ's are having frame cracking issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Default RE: FJ's are having frame cracking issues

ORIGINAL: rotten

We can't laugh too much at the FJ when we have our share of problems, like the valve/head problems. Mine went through it, luckily before the warranty was out. But what if it was out. No recall yet on the engines. My H3 wasn't even fit for on road use.

Still, I love my H3 and I'm proud that American assembled products areof greater quality then ever.
I'll actually agree with a lot of what you said, rotten... The point is, buying American isn't as easy as simply buying Chevy anymore. But if it does matter, you can always find out percentages of foreign content and assembly sites on every vehicle.

As for the FJ, I really feel bad for everyone dealing with that issue. To me, it's not something to be laughed at. Instead, the bigger issue is it being a serious problem with one of the H3's only head-to-head competitors, perhaps a vehicle that many H3 owners considered before making their purchase. Thus, it is something we should be aware of. And it certainly is surprising, given the media portrayals of the quality fo Toyota's products.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: mfish

I'm glad their cracking...I am sick of hearing howflippen great toyota's are.

BUY AMERICAN[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

...and I'll say it again.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:54 PM

When I bought my HUMMER there was a sticker on the window that said........
98% made in America
Engine-America
Transmission-America

Old 09-07-2007, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: hummer

98% made in America
Engine-America
Transmission-America
[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 PM

98% made in America
Engine-America
Transmission-America
That's exactly what I was talking about. I got nothin against people that don't pay attention to something like that, but for me, that always what I'm lookin for.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 PM

98% made in America
Engine-America
Transmission-America
Amen.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:36 AM

98% made in America
Engine-America
Transmission-America
Where was the OTHER 2% made???

Old 09-08-2007, 09:14 AM

Guys, it's a funny thing, we tend talk down about Toyota, Chrysler and anything else but Hummers. Jeep owners think Chrysler hung da moon, obviously they didn't, GM did that. It's all good to me, I"ve always preferred GM vehicles over Ford or Chrysler. I've owned a few foriegn cars in my past. I had a Porshce 944, a Toyota Celica, Grand Cherokee, GMG Jimmy, stuff like that. Had problems with all of them, especially the Porsche.

Seriously, before I bought a Hummer I had a Toyota Tacoma, it was an extended cab 2003 model 2WD with the 3.8L V6. I got MAYBE 17mpg on the highway and about 13 in city. I can honestly say it was an OK truck, not bad but not great either. Gas mileage sucked, ride comfort sucked and frankly it wasn't very luxurious on the interior. I never had a mechanical problem with it either, ever priced a water pump repair on a Toyota, man their stuff gets expensive to repair. Worst car we ever owned was a 95 Chrysler Cirrius LX, it was the wife's car, she fell in love with one and had to have it and it was her time for a new car so I agreed to let her get one against my better judgement. It was a POS.

My company car is an Chevy Impala, V6 and it rides so frikking good, plenty of room inside and in the trunk, very reliable and I get about 30 Mpg on the hiway if not more. I can go right at 500 miles on a tank of gas and that's about 15.5 gallons. I've got 70K plus, never had one problem other than replacing tires until two weeks ago, I fried the PCM. It was covered under warranty from what my Fleet people told me. Anyway, point is, I like GM stuff, proud the H3 is built in Shreveport, LA. I grew up down in New Orleans and that state needs all the help it can get after Katrina.

After talking with Mark and a few others here I"m almost getting the urge to back to my dealer and see about trading in my 07 for an Alpha. I don't think I'll be driving anything else but an H3. They ride well, look great, 4 wheel like nuthin I've ever owned and man what a warranty.

Speaking of warranties, I saw a Jeep commerrcial on TV last night, I see Chrysler is offering a lifetime drivetrain warranty on their stuff now. From my experience with Chrysler products they are going to get eaten alive with warranty labor and parts down the road and from what I understand they aren't making money now. That's a bold move for a company to get business and it may help in the short term but I think in the longtime it's going to cost them tons of cash they don't have.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:23 AM

this politically correct crap is getting out of hand......why shouldn't we laugh at those flaming panty waiste idiots that drive fj's?!?!?! The have no problem flaming us over on their forums....Fj's are ugly IMO,cheaply made, japanese steel SUCKS, but alot of mis-informed Americans let commercials and tree huggers blow smoke up their *** so there is a big market for the POS trucks. Are we really comparing the fact the the tailights on an h3 are made in Mexico, to the fj where the entire thing is made in jap land and the entire profits are boosting their economy? The tailights are made in mexico because they are sourced out...like a few parts...an h3 would cost close to $100,000 if gm had to retool factories to build every damn part, so they source them out and they are installed by Union workers in the USA. Do you think that kawasucky and the other foriegn vehicles compniesbuild some of them in the USA so that they can help out the usa economy and help some workers make a good living for their families???? F NO..they build them here so that they don't have to pay the import taxes and so that they can make more profit per vehicle...which again hurts the american economy and bolsters theirs...sure a few workers get nice salaries but the government is also losing out on billions of import taxes...BULLCHIT!!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

this politically correct crap is getting out of hand......why shouldn't we laugh at those flaming panty waiste idiots that drive fj's?!?!?! The have no problem flaming us over on their forums....Fj's are ugly IMO,cheaply made, japanese steel SUCKS, but alot of mis-informed Americans let commercials and tree huggers blow smoke up their *** so there is a big market for the POS trucks. Are we really comparing the fact the the tailights on an h3 are made in Mexico, to the fj where the entire thing is made in jap land and the entire profits are boosting their economy? The tailights are made in mexico because they are sourced out...like a few parts...an h3 would cost close to $100,000 if gm had to retool factories to build every damn part, so they source them out and they are installed by Union workers in the USA. Do you think that kawasucky and the other foriegn vehicles compniesbuild some of them in the USA so that they can help out the usa economy and help some workers make a good living for their families???? F NO..they build them here so that they don't have to pay the import taxes and so that they can make more profit per vehicle...which again hurts the american economy and bolsters theirs...sure a few workers get nice salaries but the government is also losing out on billions of import taxes...BULLCHIT!!!!
You da man, impy. A few years ago, I would've had the cajones to say the same thing, but I'm too policitcally-correct-programmed nowadays.

Quick Reply: FJ's are having frame cracking issues