PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post & All Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Default First Post & All Issues

I've been coming here for assistance for months now and finally decided to register and join the club. I bought an '06 H3 back in Dec and it now has 77k. I'm in love and no issue is a major issue to me but here is what I'm dealing with so any insight would be great...

1. Check engine light. Took it to autozone and they suggested a thermostat swap. Did that but the light is still on.

2. A/C blower stopped. Was a burnt harness that I fixed and now all settings work except for #3. Not an issue but kinda annoying.

3. Just had a bulb go out. The one that illuminates the far right climate control (how air is delivered). Do i gotta take apart the entire dash for that?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:48 AM

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with the H3. About the thermostat, did you change it yourself and not clear the code? If that is the case, the light will not go off until the computer reads a certain number of consecutive correct temperature readings after startup and driving a few miles. It should go off soon if it indeed was the thermostat that was faulty.
77k is a critical time to take preventive maintenance measures as well. Hopefully the previous owner was responsible about upkeep and maybe took care of some known issues with the H3 before you got it. Anyway, i would check the plugs, clean the throttle body and pretty much change most of the fluids such as front and rear Differentials, transfer case, and make sure the tranny fluid is clean.
Not only will the truck ride silky smooth after those preventive measures i bet you pick up an extra mpg or so.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 AM

Yes, I changed the thermostat myself so we'll give it some time and see if the light lingers. Thank you for the preventative tips! I will look into all of those this week.