PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Fender flares or none? (upgraded tires)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by rsc
Racer, how are those tires offroad? have you had a chance to give them a work out yet?
This is my wifes Hummer and it is parked for 2/3 of the year while she drives her sports car, it will ONLY see snow. It is a poseur off roader.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Racer
...Plus, what kind of answer is :they are the WRONG" offset? That is the offset I picked, I like the look of the truck so although, maybe some of you don't like the offset, I do, so the offset is NOT wrong.
I like the wheel design you chose, but another vote for them technically being the 'wrong' offset for the vehicle. If you like them in that offset, then it's all good, but they are largely viewed as 'wrong' in the fact that the wheel's centerline is now obviously way off from the wheel bearing centerline which is always 'wrong' from an engineering standpoint.
Regardless of what you may believe, they will be putting some undue stress on the bearings. But since it won't be wheeled much, it's not a huge issue. It'll just appear wrong to some car enthusiasts.

.... but I have over 12,000 posts on the Corvette Forum....
Good to know. Pehaps you should put that tidbit that in your sig line here so folks will know better than to question you from now on.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Too bad there are no wider aftermarket fenders made for H3 like the ones available for Jeep.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Real classy of you slamming a guy's 3 who only posted pics trying to help you! I'm sure members will be just lining up to give you a hand in the future!
Hmm, I said this.....

Thanks for the reply, personally I don't like how yours looks (besides all the chrome stuff). Thanks for the pics though, really confirms that the Hummers look terrible with that type of flare.
and that is slamming a guy, you say is helping me??? Nice way to help by telling me everything wrong with my wifes Hummer.

He said this...

Originally Posted by Aussie H3

I think it looks bad sticking out.......
And you say that reply is ok....

Also, other members said the flares look like complete crap, but your ok with them saying it but not me?

Wish this site had other emoticons, can't find the one I really would like to use for you.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
I like the wheel design you chose, but another vote for them technically being the 'wrong' offset for the vehicle. If you like them in that offset, then it's all good, but they are largely viewed as 'wrong' in the fact that the wheel's centerline is now obviously way off from the wheel bearing centerline which is always 'wrong' from an engineering standpoint.
Regardless of what you may believe, they will be putting some undue stress on the bearings. But since it won't be wheeled much, it's not a huge issue. It'll just appear wrong to some car enthusiasts.

Good to know. Pehaps you should put that tidbit that in your sig line here so folks will know better than to question you from now on.

Because of the fact this Hummer gets 3000 KM per year on flat roads with NO off roading, your right it is not a huge issue, in fact it is not even a small issue, it's NO issue. If it was a real engineering issue, they would only make one back spacing offset for each width of rim for each specific model.
They don't, they make lots of different backspacing options for specific models.
I must ask you, do you mod your vehicles to the satisfaction of "other" car enthusiasts? If so, that is about as weak as someone can be (I would hope you don't). I build/modify my cars for me. I don't care what someone thinks of my toys.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:38 PM

Old 05-17-2013, 09:23 PM

Ahh, he is a "vette guy". Somehow that makes his responses OK in his mind.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Ahh, he is a "vette guy". Somehow that makes his responses OK in his mind.
That's it? Lol

Old 12-20-2013, 04:53 PM

Hi Racer, love your H3. How did u get the front grill and the air intakes flat black? Did you use plastic dip or had it painted at a shop?

Old 12-20-2013, 06:25 PM

Dude, like anyone cares about the Corvette Forum or your Posts there.

... I have over 12,000 posts on the Corvette Forum.

Quick Reply: Fender flares or none? (upgraded tires)