PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

durmax conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 AM

I wish I knew about these conversion before I bought mine. I would have either bought one already converted, or a bought a high mileage H2 instead. With the money I would have saved by picking up a high mileage H2, I could have paid to had the conversion done.

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the conversions and bought a MINT 07 with only 30k miles on it. Don't get me wrong, I love the one we bought. Its just that the price I paid for this one is equal to what I would have paid had I opted for a high mileage one and paid for the conversion (give or take). Oh well.

I plan on eventually having the conversion done since I have no plans of ever getting rid of it.

Last edited by GroceryGettinH2; 05-20-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:18 PM

For a completely different idea....

What about starting with a diesel truck donor and an Urban Gorilla kit? I know it's not a real Hummer, but you'd get a diesel engine, solid axles, short overhangs, and general Hummer H1 like styling. With available lifts, lockers, gears, big tires, etc. you can get whatever off-road ability you need. Nobody who knows what a Hummer looks like is going to confuse the two, but it really depends on what you are after.

If you care about the Hummer brand name on the side, this isn't a good option. If you want a rugged diesel powered full size SUV, customized to your liking, with H1 styling it could be a good option. They are kinda ugly compared to the front/rear of an actual Hummer, but it's a good kinda ugly if such a thing is possible. I believe it's a whole lot cheaper than a $35k diesel swap.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:22 AM

i bought a 09 silverado 4x4 duramax and i am about to start the swap i plan on swapping everything all wiring and computers i will pull the dashes out and swap everything behind it so all the computers and wiring will be from the truck so it should work i hope lol

Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by beemc
i bought a 09 silverado 4x4 duramax and i am about to start the swap i plan on swapping everything all wiring and computers i will pull the dashes out and swap everything behind it so all the computers and wiring will be from the truck so it should work i hope lol
Please keep us posted

Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 PM
euc

Originally Posted by Man1nboat
I called Predator the other day and the conversion costs $32K an d takes 30-45 days to complete. The soonest they could get you in would be March unless you opt of the express package for an additional $5K. They only work on your vehicle until it is completed and you get to be there during the major conversion milestones. The contract calls for 10% down to schedule a slot, 40% once started and 50% upon completion. I am getting the 450HP/900Torque package next year...
Do you have a build price sheet, like an order or quote that they gave to you? If so would you be willing to post this online so people can see what the costs are involved in this project. Having owned a diesel in the past I can attest to the diesel engine itself costing $8k-$10k and I would imagine the Allison costing $2k-$3k.

This would leave the additional "parts & labor" plus any additional features you add around $15k-$17k.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:41 PM
euc
Old 02-19-2014, 08:06 PM
euc
Old 02-20-2014, 09:55 AM

I love the idea, and you would recoup some cost by selling the original H2 motor etc. Before I would personally drop 32K, I would sell my H2 add the $32K and hunt for a H1

Old 02-20-2014, 09:58 AM
euc

Originally Posted by jmudler
I love the idea, and you would recoup some cost by selling the original H2 motor etc. Before I would personally drop 32K, I would sell my H2 add the $32K and hunt for a H1
I agree with you. I think the H2 is good for a "light" version of a Hummer. I personally am not going to put a diesel in an H2.... I might add some performance modifications, possibly a supercharger, and other things to accommodate the gas engine.

If I wanted to go with a diesel Hummer, in my opinion, I would go with an H1.

I would buy as cheap of a H1 as I could get my hands on. Then I would buy a 5.9L Cummins, and get that in and running, while I look for a good Allison transmission to bolt up to it. From there its diesel performance upgrades.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM

We can add this to the collection of sites. It doesn't look as professional, but if they do good work, who cares? Looks to be a tad cheaper too!Duramax Hummer H2 Conversion

Quick Reply: durmax conversion