PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this Disturb anyone else??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Default Does this Disturb anyone else??

I cant stand when people either heavily mod or 'pimp out' an H1!!!!!!!! making me sooooo mad. they are rare cars that are much more appreciated and they are function built-and that function is offroad! when you put 26 inch chrome rims on it you defeat the purpose and slap am general in the face. the other thing is when people lift them to the sky and put sooo many add-ons on it. its ok to lift one a few inches but when it gets to a certain point you can tell its just for show and it'l never be offroad. h1s dont even need a lift, people make it look like a foolish monster truck. and I wonder why the h1 is commonly misunderstood

this is a prime example of what I'm Talking about
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Default RE: Does this Disturb anyone else??

well, this one doesn't have 26" chrome rims, and looks like it would off road rather nicely. or are you the one selling it and trying to get it out for everyone to look at . . . . . .

Old 01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Those are some big a$$ tires. Friend of mine runs 40s on his H1 and they work very well. I saw that truck on Ebay earlier. Not my cup of tea but to each his own

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

im not selling it and its not mine and im sure it would be good offroad but im also sure who ever buys it will want it just for show.
and heres one with big chrome rims and some other bad ones in my opinion:

and heres a rare factory slant top (39 made) thats been destroyed
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-04-2008, 07:08 PM

That is the coolest H1 I have ever seen.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM

I saw the red one a while back. I died a little inside. Its things like that which make me drink. Alot.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

I guess that is where truisms come from...beauty is in the eye of the beholder... none of those are anything I would ever do or be interested in but obviously these people spent a fortune turning these Hummers into what they wanted. I am more of an originality freak, it goes back to my days of restoring old mid-year Corvettes. The General got the mid-year Corvette right and I think AMG got pretty close with the H1.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:37 PM

I agree with you 100%, keep it original, keep it real. the reason i posted those pics is to show how rediculous they are.

by the way nomoyellow is making my post backfire at me
and tobeatnik beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:19 AM

I've wheeled with the lifted black one. It has a 7 inch J-Fab lift and runs with 49" tires (I think he also has 52"). Too much chrome and the cg has been raised too much.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:51 AM

Now I agree with pimpin out h1's etc 26" wheels and stuff just dont do it for me. But the JFab 6" Lift is amazing and I would get it done to my truck anyday its a shame I cant afford it. But I do have a 2" Suspension lift. But yea Anything more than 6" suspension and 2" body lift i think is overkill I would actually prefer if J Fab made a smaller lift like 4" so we can do the 2" bodylift(DMax conversion requires it) and not be too big.

Quick Reply: Does this Disturb anyone else??