PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do mud flaps help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 PM

If you do any offroading you will wind up ripping them off on things but they do cut down on the mess.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Mud flaps and fender flares are compulsory on the Australian model. Not only do they look good and keep your rig cleaner they reduce stones being flicked up and damaging whatever you are towing or the windscreens of other vehicles.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM

Just installed the mudflaps.. Installation was easy. Got a little nervous drilling, but it went pretty well. I took a couple pictures during installation.
Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners - gnochi71's Album: Garage - H3 - Picture
Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners - gnochi71's Album: Garage - H3 - Picture
These pics were from installation of front flaps. Directions were really clear. You remove the bolt that is already there. Then place flap on car with the same bolt you took off. Next drill 3 holes through holes in flap and attach with supplies screws and push pin. DONE! Backs were the same was only you had to remove two pins that hold wheel well on. You only need to place one back on. All in all it was pretty easy being that i normally don't install anything myself. Any more questions feel free to comment.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Hey guys here are some basic pictures of the Husky mud guards installed on Happy.
https://sites.google.com/site/happyh...-splash-guards

Chris
Are the Husky flaps soft and flexible?

Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 PM

When we bought the Green Goddess in 05, my first trip back the dealer was to buy the mud flaps after we saw the mess from front tire spray. Wheel track wider than the body width means you get the full magilla all over the side of the truck from the driver's window back. If you travel unpaved roads, a good bit of gritty crud gets sprayed into the body seams. Rear flaps aren't so vital for you, but consider poor blinded SOB driving behind you.

Yeah, for off-roading they come off, but for most that's like .01% of their driving and just one more thing on the prep list. Someday I'm going to remember to figure out some quick-disconnect fasteners for them.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
If you do any offroading you will wind up ripping them off on things but they do cut down on the mess.
I have wheeled a lot with all 4 of our H3/H3Ts with front OEM flaps (no rears) and haven't had any issues with them at all. I can see teh rears being ripped off or damaged but not the front.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 PM

We installed them 6 years ago on my 06 and they did wonders in cutting down on the dirt/grime...so much so I will be purchasing another Husky set immediately for the newly purchased 2010 I just got! (Like a dummy I opted to let them go on the old Hummer along with the roof rack, etc.) And after 6 years they still looked great with street/Hwy/minor mtn offroading.