PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership(AKA STEALERSHIP) Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Default Dealership(AKA STEALERSHIP) Help

So here's the problem guys(and girls ). So as I posted in an earlier thread on H4O(Radio HELP), my radio quit working a few days ago after re-wiring my Hella's. All that I actually did to the Hella's was disconnect + - wires/cables, re-shrink wrap some spots and re-ran the cables through some conduit piping. After reconnecting the battery my radio no longer functioned and just displayed the time. I checked all the fuses and all was good. After trying to disconnect the battery for awhile and reconnect I still had the problem, so today I was off to the dealership. Now on to the good stuff and my hoping you all can give me suggestions/insight on how to deal with my problem....

When I purchased my H3 from the dealership last year(09/06/12) I also purchased the "extended warranty" from MPP(Mechanical Protection Plan) which is as they stated at the time of buying and "insurance" added to the vehicle. My coverage is for 4yrs/48k miles or whatever comes first blah blah blah. The Finance manager that sold me the "warranty" stated that as long as I brought the vehicle back to them then I would be covered but if I went to another dealership I would be paying a $100 co-pay/deduct. Soooooo when I brought my H3 in today to figure out my radio woes I was told they "needed to quore me $100 just to start the work order". I reluctantly asked why and was given the run-around that they can't start w/o a price blah blah blah, so I signed and waited. Just about 2hrs later I was approached by the same service tech that had written me up, his reply was:

"after running a diagnostic and finding nothing, the technician 'removed your dash' and found that one of you connectors in the back was loose so he plugged it in and it began to work again so we're done and its going to cost you $100 for our work"

After hearing that(more was said but I paraphrased what he was saying bc clearly he didn't know what he was saying) I asked how they removed my "whole dash", knowing that all he did was pop out the center via the cig lighters, and why was I being charged the $100 when I brought the vehicle back to them(original purchasing dealership) AND that all they did was plug a "loose" connector in!!?? So after passing on trying to talk to him I asked to speak to the manager. When speaking w/ the manager, he did the same run around blah blah as the tech and come to find out the said tech never even called in to the warranty company due to his "thinking they were already closed". So the manager instructed him to call and a quick/EXACT 2mins later the manager was phoned by the tech saying "they denied the claim". By now it was 1630 in the afternoon and knowing that the MPP Office was on the East Coast, I think that the tech actually lied about calling the claims office(kinda hard to navigate an 800# menu and get a claim denied in a quick 2mins). Sooo I paid to get my vehicle, got the GM HQ number and left in a s****y pissy mood. Now my question for all of you who have dealt with said "stealerships" how do you propose that I go about attempting to get my wrongly charged $100 refunded? Call GM?, Call the Warranty line? Make a service dept complaint? I'm really at a loss and really pissed that I was charged just to plug a wire in securely.

Hope you can help since I know we've all been jacked at some point by the dealers w/ our vehicles. Thanks for reading this long post/vent session, hope to hear from you all soon.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 AM
rsc

I would have asked them to kindly unplug the wire again for me and give me back my $100. Call MPP, bitch and moan and call GM to make a highly negative complaint. Then stand outside, face a strong wind and urinate. That's about all that's going to happen, you're just wasting your time. I don't think GM will do a goodwill warranty reimbursement, maybe they will hack a little off the top but I doubt it. Same story happened with the guys who had a cracked radiator- go to the stealership and pay a $100 discovery fee for them to diagnose and see if GM would cover it under goodwill.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Last I heard, Dealerships were in business to make money. You took it there, they diagnosed your problem and fixed it. $100 is not much in tech time, so I don't know why the dissertation on dissatisfaction.

Whatever they "said" when you bought the warranty..... blah, blah, yada yada, doesn't mean squat unless you have it in writing. Read your warranty.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 AM

You can bitch more to the dealer, possibly speak to the BBB, and lastly leave them a Google review stating how your experience went. Otherwise, sounds like they fixed your mistake and charged you accordingly. Warranties aren't really there to cover your mistakes, they are there to cover manufacturer mistakes.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:53 PM

i can explain this perfectly it happened to me once before

your vehicle was not broken, therefore your warranty does not cover the time spent by the dealership. so they charged you the minimum 100/per hour rate they charge ( or estimate rate- whatever)

yes it sucks donkey *****, i was super pissed about it, but i sort of understand.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:15 PM

Lol, lol you are lucky that they did not charge you for "waste removal or a recycling fee" for the gloves that they probably used to protect their soft hands........I was charged that at one dealer and for what they charged I could have bought a whole box of latex gloves......................

Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 PM

Well after a few calls and a claim via phone I did receive a refund of my $100 from MPP. Turns out the dealership never called so the manager at MPP I spoke w/ refunded me under my warranty and apologized for the behavior of the dealership, even though he's not responsible. Guess in the end I was right and had READ my warranty correctly. Sorry if my "blah blah blah" comment let people believe that I don't or can't read... Guess I won this time

Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 PM
rsc

congradulations, glad it all worked out for ya!