PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEALER TRIED TO REFUSE DOING AN ALIGNMENT & HEAD REPL. INFO INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: DEALER TRIED TO REFUSE DOING AN ALIGNMENT & HEAD REPL. INFO INSIDE

DUDE, did you try Schepel in Sheriville? They are the main sponser of our Illiana Hummer Club and AWSOME people. They all have taken the Hummer training classes, they don't really care what mods you put on, and they are very friendly. They won't stop until they get your Hummer fixed.

That being said, what dealer did you take it to? That service guy is a complete moron. Adjusting the torsion bars is NO reason why an alignment can't be done. The guy is obviously VERY unknowledgeable about cars. That isn't going to limit your ability to do an alignment.

Do you live anywhere near NorthWest Indiana? I actually might be taking my H3 in there tomorrow, or next Sat. Haven't decided yet. I can guarantee you will be in shock after going there seeing how nice and friendly they are.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Wolf, I would get my H3 back from them ASAP. That service guy sounds like a complete idiot!! Go somewhere else. It's totally worth the drive. Like Mike said, if you want to drive up here, take it to Schepel. I know those guys and know that they will help you out.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

DUDE, did you try Schepel in Sheriville? They are the main sponser of our Illiana Hummer Club and AWSOME people. They all have taken the Hummer training classes, they don't really care what mods you put on, and they are very friendly. They won't stop until they get your Hummer fixed.

That being said, what dealer did you take it to? That service guy is a complete moron. Adjusting the torsion bars is NO reason why an alignment can't be done. The guy is obviously VERY unknowledgeable about cars. That isn't going to limit your ability to do an alignment.

Do you live anywhere near NorthWest Indiana? I actually might be taking my H3 in there tomorrow, or next Sat. Haven't decided yet. I can guarantee you will be in shock after going there seeing how nice and friendly they are.
nope....I'm about 20 minutes south of Indianapolis (Greenwood). There's only 1 Hummer dealership around Indy and they have two locations. "Lockhart Cadillac/Hummer" is the dealership.....took mine to the Greenwood location

Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 PM

Wolf,
I think you will find you can hit up any of the guys there for anything from a smoke while waiting to just shoot the ****, they are all great to deal with. My front license plate came off in their car wash last time I was down there for maintaince. I probably didn't tighten it enough myself but they didn't notice it being gone, I didn't either .. a couple of days later they called me and asked if I was missing a plate and I of course checked and sure enough .. I went down the next day and picked it up and they were so embarrassed about the whole thing they threw me a couple of goodies as an apology I guess. I certainly didn't expect it but thought it was a very nice touch .. I'll never take my rig elsewhere unless I'm in a no-choice situation .. I also know where I'm going when I'm ready for a new H2 ...

If you need a name Mike King is probably THE guy to hollar at .. I believe he is the head of the service dept there. I'm guessing he's in his mid 50's, heavy in to offroading, and will talk your ears off if you let him :-) Their main phone # is 513-677-8800 ... Or you can set up an appointment yourself online at their website .. www.hummerofcincinnati.com (sorry guys, not trying to plug em here ..)

If they ask who told you about em just tell em I'm the guy with the White -03 H2 who's license plate they dug out of the drain, I'm guessing they will probably remember :-)

Old 01-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummerMike

Wolf, I would get my H3 back from them ASAP. That service guy sounds like a complete idiot!! Go somewhere else. It's totally worth the drive. Like Mike said, if you want to drive up here, take it to Schepel. I know those guys and know that they will help you out.
Mike has gone through 2 differentials, one with a hole in it, and everything else destructable, and they always fixed his (even though they may have heckled him a little)

Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM

That's whacked. I might also try talking to the dealer manager there first. A dealership is made up of many people, some good, some bad, like this schmuck seems to be. But generally the dealerships want to leave a good impression, so maybe if you voice your unhappiness with the poor attitude/service as you described, you can guilt them into some goodness. If the manager won't back you, then I agree, go elsewhere.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:05 PM

news flash.........

I just called them up and spoke with the service guy that wrote up my ticket. I proceeded to read the following to him. (This was all cut/pastedand printed out so I could quickly read it to him.....all of this came from the replies above in the thread)....I felt bad reading it word for word, but I got my point across.

Any GM dealer or competent front end alighnment shop can do it..Dozens of people on this board have had it done with no problems after they've adjusted their T-bars...My dealer even offered to raise mine and do the alignment, like it's an every day occurrence.

That Indy Dealer is the total pits and full of ****!!..and he blowing smoke up your butt...That is the worst Dealer/service bullsh!t story I've ever heard..Find another dealer..Surely Southbend or Ft Wayne has one.

Absolute nonsense!

That's a bad dealer

what dealer did you take it to? That service guy is a complete moron. Adjusting the torsion bars is NO reason why an alignment can't be done. The guy is obviously VERY unknowledgeable about cars. That isn't going to limit your ability to do an alignment.

I would get my H3 back from them ASAP. That service guy sounds like a complete idiot!!

Amazing enough....he back-pedaled and said he would go ahead and do the best alignment they could and leave it raised up. I'll go ahead and let them do it, replace the cracked roof rail and replace the recalled jack. But once they are done with this service visit, that's it. I'm heading out to Cinci for my next dealership visit. Hey, Zyne....I've printed out your post with the names and the website as well as your plate in the gutter story and will be keeping it in my glovebox!

Thanks! If you're ever in Indy, the beer is on me!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:07 PM

I've found based on personal experience that though your approach does work very well in most cases *I* would rather deal with a place where their folks take a little bit of pride in their work and do a great job because of it .. I had an incident with my old SRT-10 to where the dealer caused body damage to my truck, spilled yellow paint on it (and let it dry) and put in the neighborhood of 200 miles on my truck in 2 days. They then refused to correct anything or pay me/deduct for the mileage so I ended up calling the corporate side of things and filed a formal complaint. Them being the only 5 star dealer here capable of handling the viper based trucks/cars it hurt em pretty good. They were VERY eager to do right by me at the time but I got nothing but bs from them from there on out. I ended up taking it to Indiana a couple of times instead, regardless of the cost/hassle differences ...

Just my .02

Old 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM

Sometimes that's what it takes Wolf .. read em the riot act ... I have a sensitive nose when it comes to bull**** and I have a zero tolerance attitude on top of it .. sometimes the only thing they will understand is havin' a chunk of their a$$ bit off and considering this issue .. I'd say they deserve far more than just that!

Hollar at me if you head to Cinci .. I'll stop down and meet up with ya if nothing else .. hell, I work maybe 2 miles away from the place these days!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM

I agree with you 100%....but the fact that I'm stuck here in my home office with no way to go get it until later today....Well, I just figured how much can they screw up doing an alignment, replacing some cracked plastic and putting in a new jack? (nevermind, don't answer that) They offered a loaner vehicle, but I would have to wait on Enterprise Rental Car to get the paperwork done up and bring it over. I didn't have time to sit there for an hour this morning waiting on a rental car, so I had my wife take me back home before she had to go to work......Figured it may be worse if I ordered them to stop work on the vehicle and not to touch it until I got there to pick it up in about 6 hours.....

Again, next visit for anything.....I'm heading to Cinci!

Quick Reply: DEALER TRIED TO REFUSE DOING AN ALIGNMENT & HEAD REPL. INFO INSIDE