PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Convince me

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 AM

I can only reiterate how important it is to drive one to see if you'll like it. My wife was shopping for a SUV for months and she kept refusing to drive one. When she finally did she was sold and wanted it immediately. I was completely surprised.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:06 AM

This is a hummer forum so the people here most likely love their hummers. If you went to a Jeep forum they'd probably tell you the same.

Personally I love the H3. Its great off road but comfortable and practical on it. Had my folks over to stay and they loved being driven around in it and found it very comfortable. Parking can be tricky in tight spaces so I probably need a sensor or rear camera at some point. Engine noise isn't the greatest.

And it looks great.

It won't be for some people, else we'd all be driving hummers. So take a test drive and see what you think.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:34 AM

I have test driven one before. It was a nice ride, I just wanted to hear some opinions. What are some common problems with the H3? Has anyone had theirs long enough to tell me a point in mileage where things start to break down?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 PM

Breaking down? PLEASE someone don't give that info. I have a 2006 with 51000. That's like finding out when I'm going to die!!! As for common problems.. before I bought mine about 4 months ago ( and not regretting a moment of it) I cruised through this forum.. look at all the topics. There is a TON of information. You just have to explore, including most common problems. Just take and absorb it all. I had 3 wrangers, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and a Commander before this last purchase( yes I know.. I get bored with Vehicles in about 2 years.) I have allready liked the looks of H3's just didn't think I could afford one. Got a great price on a loaded 06 and couldn't imagine not getting into my "hank" and taking on the road everyday!! It's absolutely the most comfy of them all that I've had. You feel like you own the road, and it's a thrill everytime. Just go with your gut feeling. If it feels right, do it... if you have too many hesitations, maybe it's not the right time. ALSO, if you get a used one which is almost out or about to go out of warranty, I highly recommend getting an extended one. This isn't exactly a cheap SUV to fix. Now that I have my extended 3 year 36000mi no deductible warranty on him, I know i have piece of mind.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry123
I have test driven one before. It was a nice ride, I just wanted to hear some opinions. What are some common problems with the H3? Has anyone had theirs long enough to tell me a point in mileage where things start to break down?
Common Problems may include:
-A sudden urge to take the road less travelled
-Attracting looks from pretty girls
-Random strangers may talk to you about your truck
-Fits of uncontrollable laughter may develop when seeing a Pruis or Smart car.
-Phrases ending with "...or I will run you over!" may become more frequently used
-The sudden ability to go to work on a snow day
-More people asking you to help move

Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
-Phrases ending with "...or I will run you over!" may become more frequently used

LOL I couldn't agree more with all these 7 listed !! lol I just helped someone move last night in fact !

Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Add:

-Everyone (even complete strangers) will ask you what kind of gas mileage you get. Then they'll look at you like you are lying when you tell them.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned
Default you will love it,,,AS IT IS

its a dominate looking thing and rides ,feels good,,,BUT i would not talk about it as a spacious vehicle, it is not!!!

the back seats dont go all the way down, and when down i must move driver seat up, forward not too nice on my long trip.
i put seats down to load my bicycle and must remove the front wheel just to barely get it in. forget anything 4 ft wide like plywood,,in my mini vans i could let ply/drywall stick out, forget that.
so its great for a few people and a couple bags, but no real room like a mini.

it is what it is, a fun expensive ride and that fun i like!!
i get 17.2 max in summer, apx 16 mpg winter
h307,3.7
tom

Old 02-21-2010, 09:35 PM

I have owned several offroad vehichles in the last few years. I have an 06 with 160,000 miles on it now,and it is by far my favorite 4x4.It gets decent milage,I was getting around 21 mpg before I put larger tires on it.I drive off paved roads 70% of the time and have not been stuck or stranded yet.When this one stops running I would look for the H3 alpha to replace it.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM

I've been convinced, now to find one that I want... Edmunds, AutoTrader here I come!