PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Car alarm ghost

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Default Car alarm ghost

My car alarm goes off on its own. It has happened 3x now. The horn and lights will go off for a couple minutes then be fine. Always when he car is parked.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:59 AM

I need an alarm. Idk why my h2 didn't come with a factory alarm but my handle has been broken from people trying to break in. No alarm for me unfortunately

Old 02-20-2015, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by h2offroad
I need an alarm. Idk why my h2 didn't come with a factory alarm but my handle has been broken from people trying to break in. No alarm for me unfortunately
If you want to keep your deuce you better get one. Make sure it has the starter immobilizer as well and don't cheap out. Clifford, viper are good choices.

The hummers are very easy to steal as they share the same locks and ignition cylinder as the gm's.

In my area gm's get stolen daily. They come to malls in groups and steal 5 at a time.

We lost our first yukon to theft. My wife saw them steal it as she was coming out of the grocery store. Took like 40 seconds.

Then we bought another one and installed the best alarm we could by with the starter immobilizer. They try to steal it from her work about every other month.
I've lost count on how many times I've fixed a punched door lock and ignition.

When I bought the h2 the first thing I did was drive it to get the alarm installed. I also throw a club on the steering wheel so hopefully the lazy ones will be deterred away and not punch my lock.

My friend just had his H2 stolen. He misses it like crazy.

An alarm isn't a guarantee but it keeps the amateurs at bay.

Last edited by madmayo; 02-20-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:02 AM

Btw the factory alarm is a POS and can be bypassed in seconds.

Last edited by madmayo; 02-20-2015 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by madmayo
If you want to keep your deuce you better get one. Make sure it has the starter immobilizer as well and don't cheap out. Clifford, viper are good choices.

The hummers are very easy to steal as they share the same locks and ignition cylinder as the gm's.

In my area gm's get stolen daily. They come to malls in groups and steal 5 at a time.

We lost our first yukon to theft. My wife saw them steal it as she was coming out of the grocery store. Took like 40 seconds.

Then we bought another one and installed the best alarm we could by with the starter immobilizer. They try to steal it from her work about every other month.
I've lost count on how many times I've fixed a punched door lock and ignition.

When I bought the h2 the first thing I did was drive it to get the alarm installed. I also throw a club on the steering wheel so hopefully the lazy ones will be deterred away and not punch my lock.

My friend just had his H2 stolen. He misses it like crazy.

An alarm isn't a guarantee but it keeps the amateurs at bay.
Wow,so all of those thefts and attempts to still your trucks happened in Cambridge, Ontario???

Old 02-20-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by collega
Wow,so all of those thefts and attempts to still your trucks happened in Cambridge, Ontario???
Yes, it's a real problem and it's been going on for years. The cops aren't even allowed to pursue anymore.

Most meet their demise and are found on the reserve.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:33 AM

I cannot believe that is happened in Canada! Why police doesn't do anything?