PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Alarm issues anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Default Car Alarm issues anyone?

I put a Clifford Matrix 3.3 on my Alpha and despite a horrific beginning, it has been ok except for one issue. After I get out of the vehicle and arm the alarm, the damn thing goes off in about thirty seconds. Doesn't do it all the time, but it does occur more often than not. It also happens everywhere, no matter the circumstances indoors or out. They have already replaced a bad module and the wiring harness, so I am out of guesses.

Anyone else run into this with their Alpha or regular H3?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Default RE: Car Alarm issues anyone?

what zone is triggering the alarm? Count the number of flashes of the led when you disarm after the alarm has triggered.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:11 AM

Check your power leads, you may be using a wire that is being used by something else drawing current when the car is off. The jump or change in current from the wire could be triggering the alarm. Try a different constant 12V wire, it might make a difference.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 AM

Thirty seconds every time? Sounds like it might be the interior lights turning off that may be triggering it. Mine stay on for about that length of time after exiting the vehicle.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:28 PM

I thought of the light thing as well, I will look up the info and go from there. Thanks for feedback

Old 05-29-2008, 07:53 PM

I don't have the installers manual for this model and have only done a few from this line.

If I'm not mistaken, this unit can be programed for delayed courtesy lights.

If it's not programed correctly, but is wired correctly, you will get one chirp on arming followed by a second chirp to let you know the courtesy light is on (when working correctly, to let you know you left a door open) and the point is bypassed. Once the point clears, it will again monitor this point, not trip the alarm.

Check the number of flashes on disarm after a triggerand we can work from there. Do you have any optional sensors installed?

Old 05-30-2008, 03:32 PM

I get one light at arm and disarm, two chirps at disarm, three if the alarm had gone off. Additional sensors, I have glass breakage and shock sensor.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 AM

Not sure if we were on the same page.

After the alarm has been triggered and you disarm,beforeyou turn on the ignition, the LED will flash 1- 6 time, pause, and then repeat until you turn on the ignition. This will tell you what sensor tripped the alarm.

If this is when you are getting one flash, which would be the input for a trunk (installers will also use it for optional sensors).

My guess would be the glass break sensor as they can be temperamental. If you know where it is installed, unplug the microphone for a couple days and see if the problem goes away. If so, you can either fine tune the sensor (it has an adjustment **** on it) or just leave it unplugged.