PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Shraeder Valve replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Default A/C Shraeder Valve replacement question

Hey all,
I just replaced the shraeder vale on my 03 H2 on the low side (smaller valve), and when I went to replace the shraeder valve on the high side (larger valve) i noticed there was no valve there.
What was in the port look like a small ballon at the bottom being held in place i guess by a ledge. It seems valve like in that I guess I could push in and it would rebound out.
Does this sound right?
Or is there something there on purpose and I need to just push it down and install the valve
I have had A/C issues from day one of this truck, and I am wondering if it is because the low side valve leaked and the high side valve is not even there?
Help?

Old 09-13-2014, 12:08 PM

Well thanks to HumTech over at Elcova Hummer forums, I got my answer.
I appreciate it and think that he is definitely a guru plus
For those that might be wonder, the answer was that the high side is a ball spring setup. It has a ball that is perched on a spring that pushes the ball up to seal it (and presses down to release)
I also found out that this valve is NOT serviceable, which makes sense since it basically a ball and spring.

Thanks again HumTech (even though I know he cant see it on here)

Old 09-16-2014, 08:59 PM

The High side is replaceable,it actually splits,you need a pair of vise grips and a shop towel/rag,grab the upper side of the high side with the vise grips and slowly turn counter clock-wise to remove the spring ball assby....the new replacement is Avalable at NAPA...cost about 16$,ask them for assistance,as mine explained it to me.......Hummer service told me there was only a full line replacement,it was unservicable......by a customer........wrong.....lol......

Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Thanks
Good to know that there are parts out there , even though the manuals say there arent