PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Buying a hummer

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Default RE: Buying a hummer

ORIGINAL: knight54789

how do they handle on road i heard some bad things
Can't give qualified H2 experience as I've only driven 1 around abit, but it seemed good. The H3 is fantastic for handling. Very responsive steering, good brakes. Don't know what bad things you could have heard? It's not a sports car and with the larger tires and suspension it is not as "firm" on the highway as most cars, but still an excellent ride IMO.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:04 AM

You got paid a "few mil" and are still in condition to drive, must have been a great lawyer or a miracle.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:10 AM

Josh,

Sorry to hear of your accident and lucky for you to get a big payout on the backside. I suggest you FIRST put that money into a nice house for yourself and maybe even one for your parents/brothers & susters if they could use one.

Setup some form of investment/annuity so you NEVER run out of cash with the remainder of your windfall. (It goes so very quickly). Plenty of Lotto winners who are broke a few years after hiting their jackpot and they had more than a mil or two... Maybe even open a business with that money, because if you don't invest wisely one or two mil will be gone by the time you're 30 and I don't think before then you will be fully able to appreciate what gift you've been given at such a young tender age.

Before you drop down big buks for the Deuce, at least look at the H3's and test drive an H2 and H3. The new H3 Alpha has a big V8 i it and can be dressed up nicely.

You stated that you're 19. Your insurance will be high due to age and gender, gas for the Duece is double what it is for an H3. I know the H2 is a cool BIG TOY but it's also a very large and dangerous vehicle. I would at least consider the new H3 Alpha with all the goodies and with the money you save over the H2 you can buy a nice sports car too!

Cheers and congrats, you're a smart enough guy to want a Hummer over the other stuff out there, just be sure not to get STUCK ON STUPID.

Oh, one more thing, don't get married anytime soon and IF YOU DO, GET A PRE-NUP, you're young and have your whole adult life ahead of you. Take care of yourself and your loved ones then enjoy the ride. Life is a journey and taking that journey in a Hummer isn't a bad way to go!

The H3 handles really well, we recently did a 3K mile roundtrip through the southwest and can assure you the ride was fine on road and off road.
OnStar comes standard on all Hummers and it is worth every red cent to have it and keep it after the first free year. It can track your vehicle should it be stolen.

The Hummers are safe, they're big and tough and have very good crash ratings, airbag systems, anitlock 4 wheel disc brakes, stabiltrac, the list goes on and on... My insurance went DOWN from a 4 year old Toyota Tacoma I had, I guess the safely features of the H3 dropped the cost down for insurers over less safe rides.

Parking an H3 is a piece of cake, I've not parallel parked an H2 but I've rode in a few and they seem more larger and harder to manuever through tight areas. I installed a very nice backup camera on my H3, got it from Target for under $100.00, that takes care of the immediate blind spot directly behind the vehicle and mine only works in reverse (wired the camera to turn on when the backup lights come on in reverse).
Go to Hummer.com you can see all the colors and interior packages available, better yet, go by a dealer and check out the H3 and the H2, and for Christ's sake, don't tell'em you're a millionaire.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 PM

yea i agree with hummer driver maying buying a hummer wouldn't be the worst thing you could do or the best especially concerning you can get used ones from 30K, but first buy a house and invest your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in realestate, or a buisness but with realestate you can really never go wrong its the safest move, try even the stock market if you have expereince byinvesting a couple thousand dollars not million!!! haha but with some help you can turn those few million into a couple hundred million. then you can buy all the hummer limos you want , but till then start off with a house and family and not to many big trips, and a used hummer of course!!

Old 08-01-2007, 12:25 PM

A few mil from an accident? Must have been one heck of an injury. What kind of injury was it?