PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Braking issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
lights; last year a lot of guys said their lights dimmed when braking. i have not noticed it on the 2 h3 i have owned. even when trying to make it happen,i monitored the volts with a digital meter,no dip.
also never had ANY abnormal feel on the pedal. i have driven veh that have more "grab" but i consider both h3 normal. yours isnt and i wouldnt drive to the mailbox if mine acted like you describe.

if the dealer cant find a problem that severe, i would report to the police and tell the dealer you did it and that possibly WHEN you have a smashup,at least the cops might come after them,assuming you keep driving it, which i wouldnt, not even to my mailbox

Sorry, but cops don't make reports on everything, especially that your car does not work right.....Don't know if you are in the south, cause I thought that it was a southern thing, at least here in SC. If something isn't right, call the police and ask for a report. Dog got off his leash, pig rutted up the yard, and the classic, I went inside my house and left my keys in the car and when I came out it was gone......................Okay here's your report and a $250 ticket for leaving the keys in the car. Lol, just had to add that.
But back to reality, if you know your brakes are not working well and you have an accident, you will get your report and either a ticket for causing it or/and a trip to the jail.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 PM

My 08 h3 did the exact thing you mention with the brakes. After inspecting the brakes, one of my rear pads was wore down almost to the backing plate. The pad is suppose to slide on the caliper as you press the brakes.It was siezed or stuck on the caliper causing that hesitiation you explain. I put new pads and cleaned the mounts on the caliper. The hesitation went away. My fronts were at half life so I figured in the near future I would have to replace. Sure enough last week I got the hesitation back. I just got back from Autozone and installing front pads tonight. Cheap caliper/brake engineering.