PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is the black spray paint for rims good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:49 AM

Try plasti-dip. A bunch of guys over on the camaro forum I'm on use it with good results. Best of all, if you decide you don't like it or want to go back to the original color you can peel it off like latex. No scuffing or roughing it up is needed so the original color is undamaged. I've only used it on small things but I've seen many guys do their wheels in it.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 PM

I USED A PAINT CALLED (POR15) YOU CAN FIND IT ON LINE OR AT SOME RV DEALERS. IT IS DESIGNED FOR rugged use they paint a lot of rv frames and trailers with it. it forms a coating that is rock fricken hard. but be careful if you get it on your hands your hands will be black for a week. and make absolute sure that you dont get it on anything you dont want to be black. it is a verry easy paint to work with. its around $20-$30 for a quart. that should be more than enough do your project. if you dont use it all make sure to re seal the can tightly. clean all the paint out of the rim on the can before you re seal it or youll caom back in a month and find a nice rock on your shelf . i use this paint on my dump truck frames, and swaer by it. if you have any questions you can email me at
jerraldsexton@yahoo.com hope this helps and good luck with your project