PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Default RE: Black Rims

The rim thing is like most things in life, we want most what we can't have, or is hardest to get.I wanted Rockstars, my wife wanted Hummer rims, she thinksdon't digafter market things to much, I can slip somehtings by her, but the rims!!! I got lucky gettign these, they meet what I wanted in that they have some of the Rockstar looks, and they have Hummer on them so she's good.

Your truck looks nice, does it have a leveling kit on it, or has it been raised, and whats up with the tiny picture... man... sometimes I put a picture on and its tiny, other times its too big, I don't get it... your truck looks nice though

Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: New2Hummers

The rim thing is like most things in life, we want most what we can't have, or is hardest to get.I wanted Rockstars, my wife wanted Hummer rims, she thinksdon't digafter market things to much, I can slip somehtings by her, but the rims!!! I got lucky gettign these, they meet what I wanted in that they have some of the Rockstar looks, and they have Hummer on them so she's good.

Your truck looks nice, does it have a leveling kit on it, or has it been raised, and whats up with the tiny picture... man... sometimes I put a picture on and its tiny, other times its too big, I don't get it... your truck looks nice though

Thanks just the tortion bar front end leveled. Sorry about the pic all my pics were on the old computer and then it crashed. I will try to get another picture up.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 PM

I would have to agree with you, but they are like anything else... supply and demand... if enough people want them and they are hard to find, I guess you gotta pay to play... personally if I hadn't of been able to get them for the price I did, I might have gone as high as $350.00 to $400.0 each but never $900.00. that said they do look nice, I just added the black marker lights, this set is cool, it only cost 20.00 for the set including shipping, they are dark black, but when you use a cmaera flash to take a picture (like whatelse would you use the camera flash for) anyway the flash causes them to show up amber... and even with a white bulb you get a hint of amber, so the police shouldn't mess with me too much... slowly but surly it is coming together for me.

BTW about the pics, I wasn't dissing on you, I thought it was the site, someitmes it makes my pics tiny,other times the pic si so small I can't see it, speaking of whic I'll try to put a oic on of the new black marker light

Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: marcus07

finally seeing a second set of those sweet black rims. i asked the qe sales guy (tee dot) if he could get myself a set, and his response was a slight chuckle and then said they were a very limited edition rim and they are not in production anymore DANG!!!!!
Good news for you or anyone else that wants these rims, there is a guy on eBay selling a set of 5 with 5 centercaps, buy it now for around $450-495 plus 135 shipping, its dealer Bradshaw Hummer I think anyway I bought a set of roof rails from them and they ship fast, so tey are a good company if you want a set heres your chance, I called my dealer Anderson Hummer in Maryland they don't have and can't get them either.. so again grab'em if it wasn't so close to Christmas I'b buy'em for a back-up set

check-em out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...EF:MOTORS:1123if this lnk don't work do a search for item number 220319545031good luck

Old 11-29-2008, 06:44 PM

I was thinking of getting for backup also. We should have split them. They are gone now.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:06 PM

I knmow the guy so I'll ask what else he has and maybe next time he gets some I'll ask you 1st, we could always do some sort of slit, then have him ship you yours and me mine

take care

Ken

Old 11-30-2008, 12:06 AM

Hey guys, saw this posting. I am the one who bought those black rims this morning. I'll post a pic when i get them on. i am super excited!

Old 11-30-2008, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercrw

Hey guys, saw this posting. I am the one who bought those black rims this morning. I'll post a pic when i get them on. i am super excited!

I'm glad it was someone from our forum that got them... so far this is one of the best groups hats off to you on a good deal

Old 11-30-2008, 06:49 AM

I'm gonna paint my stock rims a Matte Black here pretty soon.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:27 AM

That's what I was about to do when I got these, my nephew did his (on a VW Jetta) and they not only looked great, but they also hold up well, he used a rim pain put out by duplicolor, it was a matt black finish, he told me he is a little lazy so he didn't scuff the rims a ton, and everything still worked out fine. Another thing he said was he figured a can per rim, so he bought four cans, it only took him two cans to do the entire job, of course Hummer rims are a little bigger, so it moght take a whole can, still it's only about $5 bucks a can, so 20 to 25 is noting for what you'll get, stock rims look really good in black. And as for the centercaps, these sets of tactical rims come with fourcaps, because they are plastic, I used black Fusion paint on one of my old caps, it matches good, and looks great, you'll probably just use the rim paint, but inmy case you can't tell it apart from the caps in the tactical edtion unless you take them off; tacticalcaps have a metal ring/band in them so they stay on betteroff road.

Anyway good luck, andpost pics,

Quick Reply: Black Rims