PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
gloss black, matching the rest of the paint
36.84%
matte black, like some of the pictures
26.32%
leave it chrome
36.84%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Black grill or chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Default Black grill or chrome?

Hey guys, I need your help. I'm torn between a black grill or the factory chrome grill on my truck...

here are some pictures of my truck right now to help you get a feel for both looks. The product that I used to be able to wipe off the paint like that was really really cool, its a product from Duplicolor that is a spray on bra (the spray on bra was also tempermental - it would wipe off so easy that I was paranoid of people touching it). I think they make a gloss black temporary paint as well, so I'll probably try that out before I actually follow through on this, but I really would appreciate any input you guys could give me.

Thanks guys,
Bo

Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Black grill or chrome?

lol, which 3 voted without giving any input? [sm=roll.gif]

I'm so confused on what I want to do - help me out here!!

Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Gloss black looks hot. There's my vote.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:09 PM

Thanks, Mike, I appreciate it!

Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM

Sorry..I like the looks of black on black..but if were me and it's not, Chrome catches the eye more

Old 09-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

lol well Dennis you'd probably have to wear shades then to look at mine. literally on a sunny day, you are getting hit at some point from the sun reflecting off all the damn chrome on the H3. Stupid chrome........... I love the all black look.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:42 PM

Ether , or for me. How about keeping the crome one and picking up a aftermarket black one ,, then you would have both, Black to cruise with your buddies and crome to take the Mrs. out on a hot date. Changing them out is pretty straight forward, and you would probably get some head scratchers goin "wasnt that black last week?"

Old 09-05-2006, 03:08 PM

if your gonna go black then have it prayed with line-x, anything else will just look cheap and have a rattle can look.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: StarsnBars

Ether , or for me. How about keeping the crome one and picking up a aftermarket black one ,, then you would have both, Black to cruise with your buddies and crome to take the Mrs. out on a hot date. Changing them out is pretty straight forward, and you would probably get some head scratchers goin "wasnt that black last week?"
I've actually thought about that, but the dealership wanted $500 for it when I was getting my car (meaning, they would have kept my chrome grill)... ahhh too many choices!! I think you might be on to something though...
Thanks StarsnBars!

anybody know of a place where I can get a black h3x grill for less than that (or just a painted stock grill?)

Old 09-05-2006, 03:16 PM

I studied your situation very carefully and what I would do is to keep half chrome and the other half black. It would be unique.

Quick Reply: Black grill or chrome?