PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BF Goodrich TA/KO Vs. Goodyear DuraTracs

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM

I just found out that one tire was "out of round" which was giving me a rough or bounced ride. Now that I rotated in my spare and reset the TPSM I'm good to go. The replacement will be coming from Goodyear today!

The H3 in my opinion does not have enough mass to use these tires properly. They need to be mounted on a vehicle at least 6000lbs or more with a rim size 8.5-10in to balance properly and place proper load for the road. Off-road these tires kick so much *** it's rediculous.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:59 AM

I will agree that an 8" or wider rim would help, however I think they work absolutely fine on our trucks. Our trucks are some of the heaviest in their class and with the tires having a load rating D they work great.
I had zero problems with balancing and actually found they took less weight than my previous BFG AT's.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by 07TACTICAL
I just found out that one tire was "out of round" which was giving me a rough or bounced ride. Now that I rotated in my spare and reset the TPSM I'm good to go. The replacement will be coming from Goodyear today!

The H3 in my opinion does not have enough mass to use these tires properly. They need to be mounted on a vehicle at least 6000lbs or more with a rim size 8.5-10in to balance properly and place proper load for the road. Off-road these tires kick so much *** it's rediculous.
It's my opinion, that the H3 is about the perfect weight for these tires. I read many reviews on tire store sites and many posts on big truck forums about these tires before I decided to buy them and the consensus I found was that on the bigger trucks that were really heavy, they were "splashy" due to the 2-ply sidewall. One review even went so far as to say they were unsafe on his big dodge crew cab dually and he took them back to the store before he even made it home. I don't recall reading a bad review/post about these tires on our H3's. I put a 35" set of these on my H3 and I have no regrets. They handle great and look even better.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:27 AM

You should be comparing the DuraTrac's with the BFG MT's and not the less aggressive AT's. I think they are about the same. My 315 MT's show very little wear after 9,000 miles being run at 32 psi on factory rims. the Goodyears may have a slight avantage on the street in the wet due to the small cuts (siplings (sp?) in the thread for better wet traction . The MT's just have big solid blocks of rubber and no small cuts into the blocks themselves which help in wet streets.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 07TACTICAL

eh hem...... the H3 with UBP, rock rails, Ubolt Skidz and a winch weighs in at 6000lbs +, add a roof rack and the usual crap inside, and more so.

Anyways, ... let me say Mickey Thompson MTZs rule!!!