PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BF Goodrich TA/KO Vs. Goodyear DuraTracs

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Default BF Goodrich TA/KO Vs. Goodyear DuraTracs

FYI...from the H3T section in case you missed and you are in the same decision making process I am in. Any thoughts on which to choose?
Want best looks and snow/ice traction as priorities.....

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...light=goodrich

Old 03-19-2010, 06:30 PM

Dura tracs are my choice. I have done a few reviews on here and other forums. I have had many sets of BFG AT's and they are a great tire. However, I feel you get more bang from the Dura tracs.
Both tires you will get the great road manners for daily driving and great wet/light snow/ice handling but where the Dura tracs kill the BFG AT's is off road, mud and deep snow. There is no comparison in these conditions Dura tracs win hands down. You also get a much more aggressive look with the Dura tracs.
This is my first hand experience from owning and using both tires.
I have had my Dura tracs now for about 6months and I have had them in every condition mentioned above.

Last edited by largemouthbass; 03-19-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:56 PM

Great info....I'll go Duratrac! Hope they begin to make a 295/75/16!

Old 03-20-2010, 05:25 AM

Not to hijack the thread but can you guys tell me how many miles should one expect out of these tires and the stock h3 tires as well. I have the stock h3 tires and I have had my truck for about 6 months and the tread seems to be wearing out pretty fast.Which is leaving me to consider some new tires.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
Not to hijack the thread but can you guys tell me how many miles should one expect out of these tires and the stock h3 tires as well. I have the stock h3 tires and I have had my truck for about 6 months and the tread seems to be wearing out pretty fast.Which is leaving me to consider some new tires.
You must have the crappy BF Ruggeds...these tire suck. I have 16 grand on mine and 3/4 worn with just city driving. They blow for traction also. This why I want the Duratracs next set.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by BlueH3
You must have the crappy BF Ruggeds...these tire suck. I have 16 grand on mine and 3/4 worn with just city driving. They blow for traction also. This why I want the Duratracs next set.
Yeah they are the ones my truck came with, I have almost 6k miles on my truck and the tread seems to be at almost half compared to the spare on the back I have done mainly city/on road driving and I agree their traction is about the worst of any tire I have ever had asfar as on road is concerned I only have done minimal mudding sofar since I got my truck so I cant say much for them or against them in that aspect. I just expected more life span out of the tires, its looking like I will get about a year total out of them.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 PM

How much tire pressure are you running in your Duratracs. I get a rough ride at 60-70mph unless I run about 35-36psi.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:46 PM

I run dynapros at 35psi. according to reviews, the duratracs' wear fast. Of course, I chose dynapros for that reason and 2nd was price. It's possible that there are no issues w/ how fast they wear down.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 PM

I run my Dura Tracs anywhere around 32-35 psi

When I got mine there were not many reviews on them. Wear being one of the things that no one had any info on because the tires are so new.
I can say this, I have about 8000km or for you non metric using Americans 4970.97 miles and they still look brand new. I guess only time will tell on how they last

Old 03-22-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
Yeah they are the ones my truck came with, I have almost 6k miles on my truck and the tread seems to be at almost half compared to the spare on the back I have done mainly city/on road driving and I agree their traction is about the worst of any tire I have ever had asfar as on road is concerned I only have done minimal mudding sofar since I got my truck so I cant say much for them or against them in that aspect. I just expected more life span out of the tires, its looking like I will get about a year total out of them.
Wow!!! That is awful. I am at 60,000 miles on my stock tires and will probably get another 10,000 easy, and I stopped rotating them at 40,000. I have the 32 inch tire, whichever one that is.

Quick Reply: BF Goodrich TA/KO Vs. Goodyear DuraTracs