PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Been working on my new Off Road light bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:06 PM

how long before we can order them from you? lol looks nice

Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 PM

Well,
lol! if anyone is interested at some point I could make more. All ready have some great ideals fot rev.b...
Chris

Old 12-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Id like some ideals from you guys as to what to make next in the way of light bar . So throw out so ideals.

Chris

Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 PM

How about a safari style rack?
Try this link, not sure it will work...
safari light rack - Google Search

Old 12-11-2011, 01:02 PM

how about a small front push bar and light bar that attaches to the front pull link mounts?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:36 PM

What did ya have in mind for
the design of the front push mount? I'd like to see some examples.
Chris
p.s.
the roof rack sounds interesting.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:52 AM

Well thought I'd give an update....
The 1st revision of the light bar power board was not quite up to par. It ran the battery low twice in a weeks time. Some how or other by faulty electronics in the wireless module or by another neighbor having the same code. The lights turned themselves on twice and drained the battery.

Have completely went with all new electronics and wireless module with system over ride (defeat switch). Have yet as of this morning installed it but it does show promise.

This revision is also a lot more compact.

Chris

Old 12-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Are you saying this module is transmitting 12v wireless with enough amps to run those lights? Sounds like 2001 A space Odessy, is Hal involved?
Will it cause brain damage?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:26 PM

Very nice. I doubt I could have even of thought of it. At the risk of sounding a bit obtuse, I thought of a possible improvement for you on your next one. Looking at the picture of the end, it looks like the wires are exposed. If you drilled a hole from underneath through the bottom of both tubes, you could route the wires down through the hole and have it come out under the mounting point. You could then cap the end for a more finished look. Was there a reason you did not just drill holes in the back of the main mounting bar, put grommets in them and then route the wires through the center of the tube? This would mean less supplies and welding making it cheaper to produce. (assuming you were thinking about it)

I don't even know if any of this makes senses, but I really like your design and it got me thinking.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:02 AM

Hi,
Gave some thought to the items you bring/brought up and in some ways can see the merits in some of them. The wire going down through the tube is a pretty good one.
The hole in the back has it's own draw backs. The previous light bar had the holes in the back and it places the wires at risk of shorts and breaks as well as it makes the wiring a nite mare to say the least. I to have thought about ways to limit the amount of fabrication and design bench time, because as it stands now it is quite labor intensive.

Here is a link to my new web site with more picks and a redesigned LCMB.
https://sites.google.com/site/happyh...-for-hummer-h3
Chris

Quick Reply: Been working on my new Off Road light bar