Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Been working on my new Off Road light bar (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/been-working-my-new-off-road-light-bar-26182/)

Happy Hummer 12-03-2011 05:12 PM

Been working on my new Off Road light bar

5 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd stop to share some of the stages of working on my new Off Road light bar. It has taken countless hours of measuring, fabricating, researching, designing and painstaking calculations to get it to come together as well as it seems to be.

The main body tubing is 1 1/4"
The secondary wiring channel tubing is 1/2"
The ends have plastic gray accent caps
The entire assembly is completely mig welded
The Light Bar is then sanded and self etch primer
The next coating was black bed liner texturing paint & clear coat

All of the hardware was fabricated on site save for the Zinc coated bolts, washers & nuts. Locking nuts throughout.
The lights are 100w by 4.
The harness is completely hidden inside the window channel.:D

Take a look!

The absolutely best part of this entire layout is that is fully wireless and needs NO wires in the cab.

Chris

DAGKANA 12-03-2011 06:36 PM

Chris I applaud you! Came out really sharp! Judging by your enthusiasm your pretty stoked about the end result! Way to take the initiative, much better than store bought IMHO! Kudos!

2wheelmonster 12-03-2011 08:06 PM

I agree with DAGKANA, great job

Happy Hummer 12-04-2011 03:16 AM

Yea Guys,
lol! I'm always very picky and exacting when doing projects.... It actually is one of the 1st to come off as good as it did.
Chris

Mr. Fancy Pants 12-04-2011 07:28 AM

Nice job man, looks nice. What kind of lights did you mount and are they pretty bright? You should post up a couple night pics!!

Happy Hummer 12-04-2011 01:55 PM

Good point. Lol! Never thought to have them turned on in the pic's. They are 100W Halogen crystal lenses lights. I'm guessing Chinese made...Lol!

Chris

mr.spooky 12-05-2011 08:15 AM

that light bar looks really nice! what do you mean by " fully wireless and needs NO wires in the cab."?
thanks
spooky

Happy Hummer 12-05-2011 07:50 PM

Hey spooky,

That's one of the components to the light bar which took allot of time and whole bunch of thought. The Light Bar has only 3 wires running from it to a Light Module Control Board (LMCB Rev 1a.) That was designed specifically for this project. It is the nerve center so to speak. The (LMCB Rev 1a.) has a Positive 12.9V feed and a Common earth. That is it! That is the beauty of the whole design. NO wires running to the cab or to any other part of the Hummer H3.

Chris

954rrpaulo 12-05-2011 10:05 PM

lookin pretty sweet.... lets see a night pic

Happy Hummer 12-06-2011 08:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are those Nite! Pic's....
Chris