PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been working on my new Off Road light bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Default Been working on my new Off Road light bar

Thought I'd stop to share some of the stages of working on my new Off Road light bar. It has taken countless hours of measuring, fabricating, researching, designing and painstaking calculations to get it to come together as well as it seems to be.

The main body tubing is 1 1/4"
The secondary wiring channel tubing is 1/2"
The ends have plastic gray accent caps
The entire assembly is completely mig welded
The Light Bar is then sanded and self etch primer
The next coating was black bed liner texturing paint & clear coat

All of the hardware was fabricated on site save for the Zinc coated bolts, washers & nuts. Locking nuts throughout.
The lights are 100w by 4.
The harness is completely hidden inside the window channel.

Take a look!

The absolutely best part of this entire layout is that is fully wireless and needs NO wires in the cab.

Chris

Attached Thumbnails Been working on my new Off Road light bar-light-bar-image-1.jpg   Been working on my new Off Road light bar-light-bar-image-2.jpg   Been working on my new Off Road light bar-light-bar-image-3.jpg   Been working on my new Off Road light bar-light-bar-image-4.jpg   Been working on my new Off Road light bar-light-bar-image-5.jpg  

Old 12-03-2011, 06:36 PM

Chris I applaud you! Came out really sharp! Judging by your enthusiasm your pretty stoked about the end result! Way to take the initiative, much better than store bought IMHO! Kudos!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:06 PM

I agree with DAGKANA, great job

Old 12-04-2011, 03:16 AM

Yea Guys,
lol! I'm always very picky and exacting when doing projects.... It actually is one of the 1st to come off as good as it did.
Chris

Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 AM

Nice job man, looks nice. What kind of lights did you mount and are they pretty bright? You should post up a couple night pics!!

Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Good point. Lol! Never thought to have them turned on in the pic's. They are 100W Halogen crystal lenses lights. I'm guessing Chinese made...Lol!

Chris

Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 AM

that light bar looks really nice! what do you mean by " fully wireless and needs NO wires in the cab."?
thanks
spooky

Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Hey spooky,

That's one of the components to the light bar which took allot of time and whole bunch of thought. The Light Bar has only 3 wires running from it to a Light Module Control Board (LMCB Rev 1a.) That was designed specifically for this project. It is the nerve center so to speak. The (LMCB Rev 1a.) has a Positive 12.9V feed and a Common earth. That is it! That is the beauty of the whole design. NO wires running to the cab or to any other part of the Hummer H3.

Chris

Old 12-05-2011, 10:05 PM

lookin pretty sweet.... lets see a night pic

Old 12-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Here are those Nite! Pic's....
Chris

Attached Thumbnails Been working on my new Off Road light bar-dscf8882.jpg   Been working on my new Off Road light bar-dscf8883.jpg   Been working on my new Off Road light bar-dscf8885.jpg  

Quick Reply: Been working on my new Off Road light bar