PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Default RE: Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

Mark, it'll be a major bummer if you miss the trip this weekend. I plan on bringing my Canon 30D camera plus a nice camcorder, I love shooting pics and video and I will be happy to share with all.

So, if anyone wants some action pics of their ride let me know and I'll be happy to pull over and shoot the Hummers with stills or video.

I have a website that I can upload high-res pics for downloading. Video will probably be burned to DVD if there is any footage that merits keeping.

Steve, you will see my ride in person, hopefully it won't be in the same attitude as your avatar!

So, are we going to meet somewhere in the metroplex before heading to Barnwell or just meet at the park?

Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM

well, my jeep friends bailed on me. that's kinda good news b/c i really didn't feel like towing them out again [8D]. right now it sounds like there's only going to be 2 of us going. so, everyone let me know if maybe we should reschedule this for a less hectic time...

dave

Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM

those are some great pics

Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM

OK fellahs, just checked my e-mail account at work and it aint looking good for me.

I will know for sure tomorrow one way or the other. I have a project meeting @ 08:00.

(Nice way to start the work week….I know, I know….I do this weird *** Wed-Sat thing if it aint a full 7 days….)

So……..I just called the main office @ Barnwell and they said they are open for sure this weekend
and that most of the trails are in pretty good shape. Some clean out has been done, but
only on major intrusions into the trails that effect visibility or safety. No appreciable rain has
occurred on the property, so that shouldn’t be a factor. Other than a hard top / roll bar….there
appear to be no vehicle requirements. Flags and fire extinguishers are recommended but not required.

Note: If indeed I can’t go, and that seems most likely, I do have recovery gear and radios that I’m willing to loan towards the cause.

I feel that is the least I can do. Arrangements will have to be made for a hand off……

Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 PM

Well I got her back this morning with a new alternator and lower steering shaft, and all shiny on the outside. The underside is still far from clean, one tire is leaking air because there is mud in the bead,and she smells like a cattle tank. [:'(]

The guys from Sewell are AMAZING! They know how to have fun then bend over backward for you when you need something.

As for this weekend, I'm up in the air. I've been very busy the past two weeks and am worn out but may be refreshed in the next few days. It's up to yall if you want to go on as planed or reschedule.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:44 PM

OK, new list of people that can make Barnwell this Saturday.

Me......... and???

Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Barnwell Mountain (TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

Take pictures please.....

Old 09-26-2007, 07:34 AM

Hey Muddydawg, it looks like I may be taking pictures of my H3 unless we get more people.

Fortunately, my job is Monday through Friday. Weekends are mine but the rest of the time I'm on the road. Up in KC this week, Chicago next week. Chilly here this morning too! Fall seems to have finally arrived. Would be nice to get a little cooler weather down in big D.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 AM

HD, i'm still going.

i'd love to get a higher headcount, but flakiness is a dallas affliction (just messing w/ ya, mark...and everyone else flaking out).

dave

Old 09-27-2007, 06:47 AM

well dave, looks like you and me, hope for more to sign on!

Quick Reply: Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07