PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ARIZONA Meet-n-Greet

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Let's see, the XMas Toy Drive, Texas Meet and Greet, Ghengis Grill, Hard Rock and Rausch Creek events are all posted on multiple forums including this one and the " failing one" that seems to be doing just fine. Some were posted on CHO first, some here yet none of those drew any negative comments or attention. Since many HF members are members of other forums also I don't see a big issue. At least it isn't like sending PMs to forum members trying to get them to change forums is it Stan?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

I fail to see your point David.... are you asking me if I farmed members from this site when it was dead and no repiar in sight? Yes, I kept my friends together.... Have I done it again and again and again since it was repaired, no.

How unprofessional is it of you to defend your boy from CHO here, against me? It seems this could have been discussed in the moderator forum. What's wrong, did he threaten to sue you also? It's the internet and he's a windbag.... I'm not worried.

MU spelled out very clearly Mr Lawyer's post history here, why the sudden interest in little old HF all of a sudden? The Christmas thing was only posted here after MU pointed out his post history.

While we're on the subject, just how many forums do you moderate now? It's that your way of keeping the squeeky wheels in check? You just get rid of them?

My comments were not about Texas, Hard Rock, or RC.... those are events with posted dates and times.... my comments were directed to a guy that has been lurking, PMing, and then SUDDENLY posting meet and greet threads, only after becoming a new moderator at your other site... He didn't post a thread stating that he was having an event on a specific day at a specific time... he posted a thread soliciting people to post up if they are interested, thus allowing him to contact them without the evil unsolicited tag.... I use those words because he did/does...

It's clearly a fishing expedition with a calculated expectation of responses from Junior members to mule members to his and your site...

Last edited by Muddydawg75; 08-19-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:22 AM

Be careful Stan, you might get banned from the site!!! Oh wait... No you can't!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
I fail to see your point David.... are you asking me if I farmed members from this site when it was dead and no repiar in sight? Yes, I kept my friends together.... Have I done it again and again and again since it was repaired, no.

How unprofessional is it of you to defend your boy from CHO here, against me? It seems this could have been discussed in the moderator forum. What's wrong, did he threaten to sue you also? It's the internet and he's a windbag.... I'm not worried.

MU spelled out very clearly Mr Lawyer's post history here, why the sudden interest in little old HF all of a sudden? The Christmas thing was only posted here after MU pointed out his post history.

While we're on the subject, just how many forums do you moderate now? It's that your way of keeping the squeeky wheels in check? You just get rid of them?

My comments were not about Texas, Hard Rock, or RC.... those are events with posted dates and times.... my comments were directed to a guy that has been lurking, PMing, and then SUDDENLY posting meet and greet threads, only after becoming a new moderator at your other site... He didn't post a thread stating that he was having an event on a specific day at a specific time... he posted a thread soliciting people to post up if they are interested, thus allowing him to contact them without the evil unsolicited tag.... I use those words because he did/does...

It's clearly a fishing expedition with a calculated expectation of responses from Junior members to mule members to his and your site...
The point is more consistency and less hypocrisy. You and I both see most of the active Hummer owner/forum members on many of the Hummer sites. In fact I don't think I know anyone that only posts on one Hummer forum. Bees couldn't provide better cross pollination. Because of the personal issues between some members it appears that some and their posts are treated differently. Many of the events start off soliciting for a date that works for the most people and that date isn't set until people have had a chance to respond with their availability( ie the Texas Meet and Greet and upcoming Big Bear runs ) I have not seen a Hummer run or event that was forum specific ever I don't think. The whole purpose of the events is to get Hummer owners involved no matter where they come from. It doesn't matter if I have run events in CA, AZ, UT, NV or wherever there have always been attendees from multiple forums on the runs. I am sure that your experience is similar. If you think you can herd members to one site and have them not visit other sites I think you are totally mistaken.
As to the lurking, I guess the new member section with all the "been lurking for years but hello I'm here now posts and members" you now view with distrust and suspicion also?

I just think the reaction was over the top and driven by personal issues.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

I am not interested in an AZ Meet-n-Greet, too long of a drive.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Same for me Doc