PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

An apology...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Default An apology...

Last week standing outside the chapel, the head Chaplain of our hospital approaches me with a very serious tone. He said he owed me an apology because for the last 3 months (since the hospital opened) he's had bad thoughts about me. I was taken back, frankly, quite shocked. The only man to ever have bad thoughts about me is my ex-husband!...but anyway... so the chaplain has this very humble tone to his conversation, he was quite serious. (At this point it's just awkward, I had no idea what was about to come out of this man's mouth!) He continued to say that he's had A very poor opinion of people who drive such big vehicles like Hummers, and when he saw me getting out of mine the other morning he was shocked and had to re-think his opinions of such drivers. He says I am the nicest most sincere person he's ever met and to think he had such bad ideas about me, even though unknowingly, was just eating away at him and he had to apologize and make things right. Well! I'm not one for such serious conversation so I had to lighten to spirit. I thanked him for his kind words first. I mean, what else do you say to a Champlain who's apologizing to you?? Then I asked if he owned the little black Prius that parks next to me EVERY DAY no matter where I park. He said no, it wasn't him and he asked why I was asking. I said "well good because as much as I appreciate this conversation I wasn't about to change my opinion about you if it was!" LOL He stood there for a second then he got it. haha! He left laughing and happy. Now every time we pass each other we both can't help but laugh. Just wanted to pass that story along, what a nice thing to hear, Funny!, but nice

Old 03-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

ive met a few "men of the cloth" who showed they were human by being worse than the people they "help" .
ignore people.

Last edited by drtom; 03-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Does he drive a Prius ?

Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Apparently not.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 PM

Oh wow. I started reading the thread and I had the wrong idea starting out.

I read the "he had bad thoughts about you", and was thinking a "man of the cloth was having impure thoughs of a sexual nature" LOL

Wow. Can't believe someone would dislike someone based on what they drive.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM

@chesh97 - he didn't go there lol thank God. I woulda peed my pants if he did. I was already a little nervous haha I'm just glad he realizes Hummer drivers aren't jerks like he apparently thought. Shame shame.