PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

anyone knows what we

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Default anyone knows what we

Name:  IMG_0103.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  95.6 KB

help me my dad just did this to his hummer now i cant find one here in my country, and i dont even know whats it called, ive been planing to just have a fibre glass copy, or even a carbon fibre but if its cheaper to just import here my country then i just have to find an online store where i can order it, any idea whats the part number for this,

Old 01-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Default RE: anyone knows what we

Sorry about your misfortune.
Unluckily for you, it isn't a part GM sell separately.
I have just had to do the same. I bought a used chrome gas door on ebay and it came without it. I tried the dealerships and everything but cannot get the part on it's own. It comes as a whole kit with the gas door as well. You can get the new ones on ebay for about $135.
I got lucky. I called a few hummer dealers here and one in Ohio had one that a guy returned because the chrome was peeling and sent me the whole thing for free. I just paid him shipping.
Good luck anyway

Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 AM

Curious, what country do you live?

You don't have a Hummer Dealer?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: ukpaul

Sorry about your misfortune.
Unluckily for you, it isn't a part GM sell separately.
I have just had to do the same. I bought a used chrome gas door on ebay and it came without it. I tried the dealerships and everything but cannot get the part on it's own. It comes as a whole kit with the gas door as well. You can get the new ones on ebay for about $135.
I got lucky. I called a few hummer dealers here and one in Ohio had one that a guy returned because the chrome was peeling and sent me the whole thing for free. I just paid him shipping.
Good luck anyway
sir can un post me the link to e-bay seller? $135 just for that set is too much for me since $135 + shipping + local customs might triple the actual cost. maybe ill just settle for some local carbon fibre/fiber glass fabricator. thnx

btw im from the philippines its a country just below hongkong, china. so youll have an idea how far it is from the states.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 AM

There's tons of them on there but here's a link to one of them
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...1%7C240%3A1318

Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM

try a junk yard or just bite the bullet and get the new stuff. look at the brite side, If you bought the entire package you will have some extra parts that you could certainly resell on ebay.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 PM

.....ebay....

Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM

The chrome on my ring is peeling and they wont accept pics for nwarrenty. It's not worth it to drive 6 hrs to my nearest dealer so they can look at it. Kinda sux. Just another problem with GM and the Hummer dealers. Too little market coverage. I checked with the chevy I bought mine from and they said they coulg not help me. I had to go to a hummer dealer. So i bought an aftermarket cover but haven't changed it yet.