PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

alternate trans cooler conection URGENT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Default alternate trans cooler conection URGENT!!!

Hello everyone! New member with a 03 h2 and the modding is just starting. For you guys that have done the added transmission cooler which line goes back to the tranny? What I mean is, some threads I have read said to avoid air pockets by putting the inlet hose from the trans on the bottom connection. Then in turn the top connection would feed back to the trans.
Is this correct? Seems you would want the gravity to help and do the inlet on top and return on the bottom connection out. Please help, this is my saturday project.

Thanks

Mitch

Old 04-04-2015, 06:09 AM

trying to remember back when I did mine, I assume your talking about mounting an aftermarket trans cooler and eliminating where it goes thru radiator, If I remember right I think the longer line that went to old tranny cooler is the line I used on the same side of new tranny cooler and short to the closest end in an attempt to hook it up with same lines to same side of cooler, not sure if that helps been awile for me

Old 04-04-2015, 10:19 PM

I appreciate the help. I messed around with the aftermarket unit today and ended up running the inlet from the trans to the bottom connection and the return out the top. I hope this is the correct. Temps have dropped about 25 degrees from before. My concern was getting some air mixed in and causing some issues. If the dirextion sounds backwards to anyone please let me know. I wouldnt know what the symptoms of air beong in the mixture woild be.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2015, 06:39 PM

First off Good Job.
The air will bleed or push its way threw with no problem,
As far as the pressure line on top or bottom I dont think it makes a deference.
IF it was me I would of ran the pressure line on top and the return out the bottom to flow with the gravity.
but I really dont think it matters, And it sounds like it is working fine.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:21 PM

Thanks guys for the help. I ran her around today and the temps stay at 150. I can live with that. Got the bypass done that was the most important.