PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

To all of our new Moderators....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: To all of our new Moderators....

Seems the younger crowd is falling apart? The older guy here has no issues.Rec druggies and drunk drivers just create more business for me. Zyne/Nick jumping out of a perfectly good plane is nutz doowad!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

druggies and drunk drivers just create more business for me.
Me too!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:44 PM

You can write me off as a skydiver .. I now HAVE to quit as a result of medical reasons .. no more riding on top of airplanes while in mid flight for me

Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Seems the younger crowd is falling apart? The older guy here has no issues.Rec druggies and drunk drivers just create more business for me. Zyne/Nick jumping out of a perfectly good plane is nutz doowad!!!
I'm not falling apart ... I've had a couple of pretty good accidents in my life ... the back thing is as a result of a 3 foot fall and taking the impact on my spine/lower back and cracking a vertebrae about 8-9 years ago. Above and beyond that they are all skydiving related injuries .. you play with fire, you get burned every once in a while. Sometimes you have no choice, you have to make a decision to save your life and that can include "Sacrificing" something in the process. This is how I broke my heel. A student jumper almost "landed" on top of my parachute 100-150 feet off the ground .. it's a decision of casket or crutches ... I chose crutches and intentionally nose dove straight in to a paved road ... it saved my life but cost me my foot for about a month .. it is what it is and you do what you have to do to survive in these situations. I've been knocked unconcious due to very harsh parachute openings ... I've almost splatted ... I've had near mid air collisions with both other jumpers as well as a white V-tailed Piper of some kind ... I dunno who was more scared, the pilot in the plane or myself ... I was close enough to see he was dark haired and had it parted on the left side if that tells you anything ... he was in MY SPACE, straight above the dropzone at 3K, KNOWING there were jumpers in the air (announced over the radio every time we drop) ...

Whether these things make me crazy/nuts/insane/or what not .. I dunno ... We all look at things differently ... standing 25,000 feet in the air at the tailgate of a jump ship doesn't bother me one bit .... wasting away my life never doing anything crazy on the other hand does ... which is probably why I am a skydiver (or was), a pilot (powered aircraft), a former freediver and scuba diver, sail plane pilot, done the bungee bit, BASE, etc etc. I ain't happy unless I'm going 120+ mph with my hair on fire, preferably risking life and limb for no other purpose than the thrill of it ... life is too slow moving for me, it always has been ... and since ya'll don't know me as well as HG and JD does ... I am hyper almost all the time, I've had insomnia all my adult life, more than likely as a result of said perpetual "wiredness" ... as a result .. the things I do to relax .. are a little different from yours ... skydiving is a high stress environment ... FOR YOU ... it's peace and relaxation for me .. :-)

Old 08-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Not to beat a dead horse with a wooden *****.....

but for someone that is SO hyper, you said about 4 words and moved as little as possible when we all went off-roading together.

Me and Jeremy could do J's makeup using the glaze in your eyes

But yes, I know, you weren't used to being relaxed in a long time because of work, so I completely understand that. The whole "real world" thing was a little scarey for you

Old 08-17-2007, 03:25 PM

yea,, mikes make-up and nicks bedsheet for my head and i will be teh pimp!

Old 08-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Administrator

im falling apart because i have severely abused my body, especially while in college. i played college hockey and i have been in more fights in my day than i can count. when i was 21, i was involved with what pittsburgh police called "an obvious gang ritual"...i was walking home, alone, around 2am when a black cavalier pulled up slowly behind me...a young kid got out of the passenger side and ran around, talking trash about how he was going to kick my ***...i was primed and ready for some tiny black kid to try to kick my ***. he got a few shots in, as did i, when something hit the back of my head...i got rolled over, and saw that there were now two of them...they waited for me to get up and i did my best 2-1, and wasnt doing too badly, when one spun me around and i was hit in the face with a bottle, or something glass...it went all through my face, through my right eyelid...broke my nose, through my top lip...i was face down, and i heard the car doors close, and i was crawling away from the front of the car when someone started kicking me..i did my best to get up and try to fight, but again i was hit with something from behind...i woke up laying in a pool of my own blood hours later..and it was like 9am..people were walking around me, and no one had stopped to help me. i was about 30 feet from my roommates truck, which had his glock under the seat. i recovered pretty well from that one...my roommates and i thought that it would be fun to crash a frat house who we had a problem with and walk out with the booze, and we were fairly successful, but im a big guy and not fast on foot...so i decided that i would "take one for the team", and stop and fight the guys chasing us...again, i did well for myself, as they didnt have weapons...but i took my licks there. due to my college accounts, most people have said "you should be dead"...ive also done some stupid things, like see how many gallons of 151 i could drink.

but the majority of my damage has been done by hockey...ive had broken fingers, toes, feet, wrists...my nose a few times. ive had teeth broken...hit in the face with a puck..sticks, etc...and the "biggie" was my left knee coming apart...

Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 PM

patrick, you should have played goalie, we always had far more padding. i never played college hockey, but played in a rec league for quite a while. the only damage was a separated sternum (i never knew your ribs could disconnect like that), one tooth and 2 concussions. after the second one i realized i don't make enough money to trust my kids to put me in a good nursing home and packed it in. i still have the paint on my cage from the stick that gave me my last one. iwas able to finishthe game though . . . . . .[8D]

Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Administrator

i WAS a goaltender in college...in high school i played goaltender, and if i didnt start between the pipes, i started at right wing...my team was a little thin as far as players went. also played rec league as a forward.

when i broke my hand, it was in high school, and it was due to a faulty catching glove...a shot came from the right point, and i went down and reach up as it got tipped, and the puck hit the palm of the glove, breaking the glove and my hand...bauer said that it was "due to misuse" so i got nothing fortheir crappy product, although the store where i bought it felt bad and gave me a discount on some new stuff.

however, during my two year stint in college as a goaltender, i managed to be the only goalie in the ACHA that year to have a fighting major and I still hold the school record for the most penalty minutes in one game.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Not to beat a dead horse with a wooden *****.....

but for someone that is SO hyper, you said about 4 words and moved as little as possible when we all went off-roading together.

Me and Jeremy could do J's makeup using the glaze in your eyes

But yes, I know, you weren't used to being relaxed in a long time because of work, so I completely understand that. The whole "real world" thing was a little scarey for you
Hyper is not always physical doode .. I don't run around like the tasmanian devil 24 hours/day nor do I have a gatlin gun for a mouth. I don't have problems sitting still, I don't have concentration isssues or nothing like that ... My thought process on the other hand is about 200 mph when I sleep and somewhere in the neighborhood of mach 12 during the day, that's the hyper I refered to. My general physician keeps telling me I have ADHD minus the AD_D LOL!
And you are absolutely right, I do move as little as I can since pretty much every step I take on my right foot shoots stabbing pains up my spine :/ Why do you think I limp slighly when I walk!?

You are however right about not being relaxed, I barely know what that feels like anymore! Real world? What's that doode!? LOL!

Quick Reply: To all of our new Moderators....