PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket stereos....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket stereos....

umm...didn't you see my post two up from your last one? Follow that link, it will show you what you need.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:28 PM

go to this link:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/neucncx2i.html

this is the one you will need. Read the description it gives and it will answer all your questions.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:05 AM

Importkiller...I did see your post and link. But I dont think that cable will work. My stereo doesnt have an external CD changer option...I dont
believe. Its a single CD player and a cassette deck. Doesnt have an "Aux" button anywhere on it.

Anyway to know if this cable will plug into the back of my stereo??

Thanks.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:51 AM

I would call logjam to make sure but I think that adapter I listed will wor with your radio. On most of them if you don't have an aux button you use the band button to change from radio to the i-pod adapter.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Ok...thanks. I will give Logjam a call.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:37 PM

Jason,

Just wondering what you ended up doing regarding this issue.

I was given a Sirius satellite radio and the FM modulator won't work in our area (NYC, all FM stations in use). So I purchased a relay that switches the radio to either the standard antenna or the Siriusantenna. But to install this relay, I need to take the dash apart. I saw some instruction that someone had offered you in another thread. I was going to follow these instructions, but was wondering if you went that route, and if so, how was it?

Old 01-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Have not done it yet...hopefully this weekend.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:01 PM

Thanks Jason. Take your time; do it right. But would appreciate any comments on how difficult (or easy) the process actually was and any problems you had to overcome, if any.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 PM

I just followed those directions to install a Inline FM Modulator and I had the dash bezel out and the modulator installed and everything put back together inabout 30 minutes. Its really pretty simple and being as I saved myself about eighty bucks doing it myself I felt pretty darn good.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:26 AM

I agree...directions are good. I took me closer to 1.5 hours...to disassemble and reassemble.
But it really was not difficult. I was a bit intimidated about "popping" the shifter boot and the front
cover loose. They are both held in place by clips - so you have to apply quite a bit of force to get them loose.
I lost a couple of the clips that the shifter boot goes into...but everything seemed to go back together good.
I have to take it a part again in a week or so...so I can replace the clips then.

The rest is very simple.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stereos....