PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket stereos....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Default Aftermarket stereos....

I want one that I can plug my Ipod into and that is bluetooth enabled.
Any suggestions?

Also - has anyone installed a "single" din stereo into their rigs? How does it look?
Photos would be great.

Thanks.

Jason

Old 12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket stereos....

ORIGINAL: jobenshain

Also - has anyone installed a "single" din stereo into their rigs? How does it look?
Photos would be great.

Thanks.

Jason
I've seen some on H2's for sale on eBay. IMO, I don't like the look. Also, if you get a flip up screen, it partialy covers the vents on the center console when open.

Get a double din, there are lots of SWEET ones available.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 PM

Why not just get yourself an iRiver FM modulator!? I dispise FM mods but I ended up getting one for my mp3 player and was pleasantly surprised with the quality .. for $49.99 I couldn't ask for anything better ... Bluetooth I'm not sure about ...

For your viewing pleasures .. availble at BestBuy and Short Circuit City ....

[IMG]local://upfiles/1157/E17269FB27DB405287385F875AC559AE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-20-2006, 12:30 PM

For those of us which whom are tech impaired, ME, what's that FM modulator for?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

For those of us which whom are tech impaired, ME, what's that FM modulator for?
It allows you to play music stored on an MP3 player, MiniDisc, portable CD, etc etc etc over your stock stereo system without running a ton of wires ... plug it in the cigg outlet, plug the other end in your MP3 player. Set the broadcast frequency on the FM modulator, tune your stereo to the same frequencey and presto, we got MP3 playback over the stock system. It won't allow you to control the MP3 player through the stereo or anything but it's a quick, easy, cheap, way to get your mp3 player hooked up ...

The sound quality was actually remarkably good, far better than I expected and I usually set my expectations rather high .. and like I said, for $50 bucks at least I thought it was a pretty good bang for my buck!

I believe there is a similar device for the iPud's with a built in charger but I could be wrong ... I don't know their product line very well as I don't own one and probably never will!

Old 12-20-2006, 08:12 PM

The FM mod is looking better and better...just received a quote for installation
of $350.00 Alpine in-dash cd player...$888.17.
[ul][*]$125.00 in labor[*]414.17 in adaptors to get the aftermarket stereo to: plug into Ipod, utilize door chime, and be able to use the audio controls on the steering wheel.[/ul]
Wow....gonna have to re-think this one...

Old 12-20-2006, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: jobenshain

The FM mod is looking better and better...just received a quote for installation
of $350.00 Alpine in-dash cd player...$888.17.
[ul][*]$125.00 in labor[*]414.17 in adaptors to get the aftermarket stereo to: plug into Ipod, utilize door chime, and be able to use the audio controls on the steering wheel.[/ul]

Wow....gonna have to re-think this one...
Definately NOT CHEAP!!

I think I spent just over $4000(including H/U) for my Eclipse/Amps/Speakers/Sub/Sub Boxand all the adaptors!! (Don't Tell The Wifey)

Old 12-20-2006, 08:22 PM

OFF-TOPIC, I just noticed that SCORE thing is back under the "posts" on the side under my Avatar. Anyone ever figure out what that was??

Old 12-20-2006, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

OFF-TOPIC, I just noticed that SCORE thing is back under the "posts" on the side under my Avatar. Anyone ever figure out what that was??
It's a thingy that used todo stuff, like rate things. Now it does not do anything but sit under your avatar to raise questions.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

ORIGINAL: HummBob

It's a thingy that used todo stuff, like rate things. Now it does not do anything but sit under your avatar to raise questions.
Thanks for clearing that UP???[sm=wtf.gif]

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stereos....