PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

aftermarket exhaust on a leased Alpha

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Default RE: aftermarket exhaust on a leased Alpha

I would't put anything on as noted just a muffler because then you are chopping up the OEM. Remember you said it was a Lease.
You could e-mail manufacturers that youknow have systems for the H2 &H3 and want to make something for the H3A andhave prototypes in the works. The only thing with getting a prototype is you have to be close to the manufacturer so they can do mock ups and test.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:37 PM

FYI guys...I have emailed and called all of the top designers. Flowmaster "noting in the works yet, check back later"?? Magnaflow - "noting" not very nice on the phone

BillyBoat may be the first - they said that they have something in the works, prob a month!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:21 AM

I would check with Howell Automotive or Maryland Performance Centerand see if there interested in making a custom setup using your Alpha for a prototype, You might get it for free?

Another idea is to get under your Alpha and look at the configuration, Y-pipe, Down-Pipe, Cats, Hangers, measure your stock muffler and search for a replacement, say from Spintech, Jones, Aerotech, Magnaflow etc.. take some picsand find a H3 with I5 and compare the setups to see whats in common as far as hanger locations, and room/space. You might be able just peacemeal a system with maybe an X-pipe, Dual-in/out Muffler and havea custom shop bend you some tailpipes. JMO as far as flowmaster, great sound butmost stock systems are now stainless steel andtheirs are not.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 AM

Good advice gunny! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Are you in MD?? I'm in Rockville...

Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Right now I am in Iraq, But I was stationed at Fort Detrick in Frederick MD with 4th Light Armored Reconnoissance Battalion, Bco from 94 to 2000 and had my VW/Sport Compactperiod, I had a 94 Golf Sport with 1.8 ltr Supercharged, then I got a 99 Passat with the 1.8Turbo and 5 spd Triptonic tranny and it was all upgraded it ran 12's in the 1/4 mile. I met allot of people and worked with some aftermarket vendors and stuffand that's how I got things for my Passat. So I was all over MD doing meets/shows. I have inlaws that live in Rockville. You might want to check there in the Rockville Area for GM performance shops.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Be safe brother...I am an Army civ with the Armed Forces Medical Examiners Office, and frequent Ft. Detrick often...we can talk that talk off line I just sold my STI for the ALPHA so I also know the sportcomp world as well!