PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank G-D I Leased

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Default Thank G-D I Leased

Wow! That's all I have to say. I am the proud owner of a 2007 H3x w/ 22K milesright now. KBB.com claims a trade in value of $18,500. I am sure with gas, news related to Hummer and other events, the value's have gone through the floor. My residual is $22K in 10/2010 with 48K miles. Sorry to GMAC for having to eat what will be $7-$9K in neg. equity.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Default RE: Thank G-D I Leased

My 07 has a residual of $18,650 (Base model w/ 5sp) in the spring of 2010 and I expect that GMAC will be contacting owners about their lease ends at some point. It would seem to make sense to offer a discounted buy-out rather than take a loss at lease end and then have it take up space on a lot or shuffle it to an auction and lose money on it a second time.

My wife and I leased a saturn a while ago and GMAC tried to engourage us to buy out that car by offering to renogotiate residual. So its not unheard of and I would expect that as GM gets closer to divorcing from Hummer they will be more eager to dciker on lease ends.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:14 PM

I just turned in mine today.

The other day I called in to ask what they'd sell it to me for. (Just for grinns and giggles,...no intent to actually buy it,...stepping up to the larger Mazda CX7)

Theytold me it would run just over$27,000. This for a base model with mud-flaps, 6 disk changer and the chrome package,.....NO side rails, no leather, no sunroof. We're talking a car thathas a sticker of$30,300 new,...and now has 27,300 miles on it and is 3 years old.

Ha Ha Ha Ha............... etc

The same car, same year,..same miles etc can be found on Auto Trader for $17,900 .....ASKING. Which means $16,500 - $17,000 no sweat.

Me thinks Hummer is going tostart collectingmassive parking lots full of used H3's inthe next 6months or so.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 PM

They are going to have to figure something out... I am just going to ride my lease out and then kick the keys to Hummer. I can only imagine the suffering of H2 owners. The peope that bought theirs for 70K and are worth $30 - $45K now... ouch!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Easy there killer. Yes you are getting a new truck for the same price as your hummer... BUT you ARE buying a mazda SUV... You might as well have bought a KIA and saved some $$$...

Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Also.... RefiGuy. We didn't buy our HUMMERS to get rid of them in a couple years. I think your missing the point of owning a HUMMER. We don't do it to say "We own a HUMMER" We buy HUMMERS because they are a stand alone truck that NOBODY can touch. No Jeep, No Nissan, No Toyota... HUMMER. We buy with Pride...

Old 09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

MNHG....ducky does not get it, he drives jap crap and he says he is from Detroit???? [&o]

Old 09-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Yup I'm with ya!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:52 PM

I actually got the Hummer just because of the American name-plate,..and because they were so cheap. But the inside is tiny and it was designed for 5'7" women. So I suffered init for 27 months just to do my part. I'm not suffering this time around.

I just got a 2009 Mercury Milan for the wife last week if that makes you feel better.

I really want a Ford Edge this time around actually. Been eyeing them for a year now. It's the same platform as the Mazda CX7 and CX9, exceptthe Edgedoesn't handle as well,..is larger outside,..yet somehow smaller inside, (incompetant engineersI guess). But I'd get one instead of the Mazda just for the Ford badge.

But the Edges' lease price is over $200 more a month than that of the superior Mazda. ($550+ for the Edge,... $345 ish for the Mazda.) So what am I supposed to do DOC?

I have the Subaru because American companies can't produce any high performance cars I can fit in. They're either too cheap or too stupid.

I can't even come close to fitting in a Vette,...can't fit in a Ford GT, can't reach the steering wheel in a Mustang (if you can call a Mustang a performance car,...I suppose with a Kenne Bell supercharger and $5,000 in suspension work they could be),.....and well,..that's about it isn't it? SRT8 Challangers are automatics and slow. Of course my STI puts 5 sec a lap on a ZO6 vette in the dry, and 25-30 seconds a lap on them in the wet. Just had a track day today in the rain. Loads of fun.

The closest competitor tot eh STI is the Vette,...butthe Vette has only 2 seats and I can't fit in it.

So Doc,..if you knowof a fast American made car that has headroom,...4 doors,..big trunk,..seats 5,...gets 20 mpg or better combined,...has AWD (like you I live in Michigan),.....and can do 0-60 in 3.2 sec. let me know. I'll be at the dealer Monday morning.

There actually is one comming out with everything BUT the AWD. The 2009-2010 Cadilac CTS-V.i plan on buying onewhen they get to around $30,000 used.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: duckstu

I actually got the Hummer just because of the American name-plate,..and because they were so cheap. But the inside is tiny and it was designed for 5'7" women. So I suffered in it for 27 months just to do my part. I'm not suffering this time around.

I just got a 2009 Mercury Milan for the wife last week if that makes you feel better.

I really want a Ford Edge this time around actually. Been eyeing them for a year now. It's the same platform as the Mazda CX7 and CX9, except the Edge doesn't handle as well,..is larger outside,.. yet somehow smaller inside, (incompetant engineers I guess). But I'd get one instead of the Mazda just for the Ford badge.

But the Edges' lease price is over $200 more a month than that of the superior Mazda. ($550+ for the Edge,... $345 ish for the Mazda.) So what am I supposed to do DOC?

I have the Subaru because American companies can't produce any high performance cars I can fit in. They're either too cheap or too stupid.

I can't even come close to fitting in a Vette,...can't fit in a Ford GT, can't reach the steering wheel in a Mustang (if you can call a Mustang a performance car,...I suppose with a Kenne Bell supercharger and $5,000 in suspension work they could be),.....and well,..that's about it isn't it? SRT8 Challangers are automatics and slow. Of course my STI puts 5 sec a lap on a ZO6 vette in the dry, and 25-30 seconds a lap on them in the wet. Just had a track day today in the rain. Loads of fun.

The closest competitor tot eh STI is the Vette,...but the Vette has only 2 seats and I can't fit in it.

So Doc,..if you know of a fast American made car that has headroom,...4 doors,..big trunk,..seats 5,...gets 20 mpg or better combined,...has AWD (like you I live in Michigan),.....and can do 0-60 in 3.2 sec. let me know. I'll be at the dealer Monday morning.

There actually is one comming out with everything BUT the AWD. The 2009-2010 Cadilac CTS-V. i plan on buying one when they get to around $30,000 used.
Who said ANYTHING about fast cars or muscle cars? We we're talking about hummer vs. mazda.... Huh... DOC? (am I a doctor?) wtf?

Quick Reply: Thank G-D I Leased