PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

31 dead in VA tech shooting

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Default RE: 31 dead in VA tech shooting

ORIGINAL: dajacober

As a Cop it pains me now to agree that the only people & guns that fall under gun control will be the law abiding citizens. Nationally speaking, criminal gun owners, for the most part obtain their guns via illegal means.

Gun Control Regs. only govern those who buy their weapons legally, following the regulations!

Now, Assault weapons are a different deal for me. They were created for one reason - KILL HUMAN BEINGS. So those who feel the need to own them as collectors, either better render them inoperative & keep them securely locked away! Now, it wouldnt' eliminate the Criminal from obtaining them completely, but itcould curtail their presence.

I'm certainly no expert, just my 2.5 cents.

David
And hand guns and your plain vanilla hunting rifle or shotgun is designed for what now? This is yet another excuse that simply doesn't hold up .. a 9mm pistol is designed to KILL just as much as an M16 .. nowhere near as effective obviously but lets at least be honest with their intent instead of making excuses even a blind man can see through ..

Old 04-17-2007, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: simian

Very sad....

Campus Gun Ban Disarmed Virginia Victims
VA Tech has "blood on its hands" as gun control advocates milk tragic events
Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
Monday, April 16, 2007

A gun ban recently enforced by Virginia Tech campus prevented over thirty victims of today's mass shooting from defending themselves against the killer, and yet gun control advocates are already politicizing this morning's tragic events to pull the lever for mass gun control.
Virginia is a concealed carry state and yet Virginia Tech campus recently enforced a policy prohibiting "unauthorized possession, storage or control" of firearms on campus.
According to gun rights activists such as Aaron Zelman of Jews For The Preservation of Firearms, VA Tech has "blood on its hands" for disarming the victims and other students who could potentially have stopped the killer in his tracks in the three hour time period he was allowed to carry out his rampage by cowardly police who hid behind trees as the carnage ensued.
Reuters is already disseminating the talking points for an imminent propaganda coup against the Second Amendment, and yet it was the stripping of that right to bear arms that ensured today's death toll represents the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
"Advocates of wider gun controls said the availability of guns in the United States had made it easier for people to commit murder everywhere, including in schools and colleges," reports Reuters, with no mention of the fact that had the victims been allowed to exercise their concealed carry rights, the casualty figures may have been far lower.
Students at VA Tech are already slamming the pathetic response on behalf of the police, who locked down the school and sat back as the killer was able to carefully pick off his targets.
"What happened today this was ridiculous. And I don't know what happened or what was going through this guy's mind," student Jason Piatt told CNN. "But I'm pretty outraged and I'll say on the record I'm pretty outraged that someone died in a shooting in a dorm at 7 o'clock in the morning and the first e-mail about it — no mention of locking down campus, no mention of canceling classes — they just mention that they're investigating a shooting two hours later at 9:22."
He added: "That's pretty ridiculous and meanwhile, while they're sending out that e-mail, 22 more people got killed."
Yet another exceptionally lop sided article that p*ssyfoots around the true issuebut capitalizing on recent very tragic events ... sickening if you ask me! The day guns are allowed in school society in my opinion has failed both parents and kids and I'll tell you one thing .. I'd pull my kid out of a school like that so fast you don't even know wtf happened.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Here's how I look at it. Statistics can be made to prove or disprove anything and I'm still not taking sides. I don't know racer, I'm sure that he's a good bro. Zyne I know is an awesome dude. I just feel that in this crazy world, one has the right to be able to protect oneself and my method is with a .45. I think that if someone is going to hurt others, they will find away.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM

DITTO Joe!

Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

Here's how I look at it. Statistics can be made to prove or disprove anything and I'm still not taking sides. I don't know racer, I'm sure that he's a good bro. Zyne I know is an awesome dude. I just feel that in this crazy world, one has the right to be able to protect oneself and my method is with a .45. I think that if someone is going to hurt others, they will find away.
Agreed SD. If anyone recalls our posts I never once said to remove guns as a whole and I've called them an unfortunate necessity. I too recognize the need for them, an unfortunate need because of how we are as humans and the fact that we are simply incapable of resolving issues without resorting to violence in many cases. You can take a look at the wars we've had across the globe lets say in the last 100 years and see what I mean. My point I was TRYING to get acrossed here was regarding the QUANTITY of guns we have, not just here in the US but as a whole. I think we can pretty much stick a firearm in every man, woman, and child on the planet and still have enough left over to use as spares. To turn around and complain about the black market weapons that we end up with in my humnle opinion is just wrong. We've generated the market by spewing out quantities of these items and the more we spew up the more will end up on the black market. If you lower the supply on the legal side the amount of guns that CAN make it to the black market will also decrease. Obviously not at first since the market is so saturated. And I will admit that when I lived over seas in a country were guns were simply illegal unless you were a cop or in the service ... I still owned a gun. It was as a result of gawking down the sight of a 9mm Beretta at a bar, the guy didn't like me looking at his woman. I was petrified after that and ended up getting me a short nosed beretta myself, I paid approx $550 dollars for it on the black market. I took it in to the cops before I moved to the States because I figured just because (my opinion here guys, not jabbin' at anyone ok) I was an idiot doesn't mean I have to enable someone else to be as dumb as I was. And as time has progressed and I've gotten older and a whole hell of a lot wisermy own philosophies and understandings have changed. I'm one of those people who simply don't understand the needed for an armed conflict of any kind. And no matter how you twist and turn things around, the second you pull that trigger and kill someone you become the same person you tried to defend yourself from, regardless of situation. While I understand the reasons behind this action, protecting your own well being, I still honestly don't agree with it. Sure, you would not have been put in that position had it not been for that person but ... if I lose my job I don't have the right to go rob someone and then blame my employer for putting me in that position to where I felt it was necessary to committ this crime. And that's what it is and should be treated as, a crime. Murdering in self defense is still murder, I don't care how much they try to polish that turd or reassign the accountability ... you hold 50% of it yourself, you made a concious decision to pull that trigger and you should be tried as a criminal and sentenced accordingly... after all .. we are all "equal" in front of the law .. the biggest load of BS I've heard in my 30 years of breathing... Now, with this said, I really don't want to see anyone in jail here LOL!

And thank you for the comment SD, much appreciated!

Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Very sad....

Monday, April 16, 2007

A gun ban recently enforced by Virginia Tech campus prevented over thirty victims of today's mass shooting from defending themselves against the killer, and yet gun control advocates are already politicizing this morning's tragic events to pull the lever for mass gun control.
Virginia is a concealed carry state and yet Virginia Tech campus recently enforced a policy prohibiting "unauthorized possession, storage or control" of firearms on campus.
According to gun rights activists such as Aaron Zelman of Jews For The Preservation of Firearms, VA Tech has "blood on its hands" for disarming the victims and other students who could potentially have stopped the killer in his tracks in the three hour time period he was allowed to carry out his rampage by cowardly police who hid behind trees as the carnage ensued.
Reuters is already disseminating the talking points for an imminent propaganda coup against the Second Amendment, and yet it was the stripping of that right to bear arms that ensured today's death toll represents the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
"Advocates of wider gun controls said the availability of guns in the United States had made it easier for people to commit murder everywhere, including in schools and colleges," reports Reuters, with no mention of the fact that had the victims been allowed to exercise their concealed carry rights, the casualty figures may have been far lower.
Students at VA Tech are already slamming the pathetic response on behalf of the police, who locked down the school and sat back as the killer was able to carefully pick off his targets.
"What happened today this was ridiculous. And I don't know what happened or what was going through this guy's mind," student Jason Piatt told CNN. "But I'm pretty outraged and I'll say on the record I'm pretty outraged that someone died in a shooting in a dorm at 7 o'clock in the morning and the first e-mail about it — no mention of locking down campus, no mention of canceling classes — they just mention that they're investigating a shooting two hours later at 9:22."
He added: "That's pretty ridiculous and meanwhile, while they're sending out that e-mail, 22 more people got killed."
Yet another exceptionally lop sided article that p*ssyfoots around the true issuebut capitalizing on recent very tragic events ... sickening if you ask me! The day guns are allowed in school society in my opinion has failed both parents and kids and I'll tell you one thing .. I'd pull my kid out of a school like that so fast you don't even know wtf happened.
Yeah that is a warped comentary...I can't believe anybody could imagine that everyone carring a gun on campus would have stopped this...I remember the Sniper at University of Tx, Austin,with a hunting rifle on the bell tower picking off people..I don't think anyone on the ground being armed, would of made a difference there either.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Very sad....

Monday, April 16, 2007

Yeah that is a warped comentary...I can't believe anybody could imagine that everyone carring a gun on campus would have stopped this...I remember the Sniper at University of Tx, Austin,with a hunting rifle on the bell tower picking off people..I don't think anyone on the ground being armed, would of made a difference there either.
I definitely agree with you on that one Den. Besides, I think I'd rather deal with one whacko with a gun than 200 freaked out students with guns trying to take him out. Lets face it, few people are capable to keep calm in extreme situations ... and that plus 2000 rounds in the combined 200 guns ...no thanks! Seems the statistical aspect here tells me I stand a much higher risk of gettin' my azz shot!

Old 04-17-2007, 02:51 PM

"Unfortunate need". Veryexcellent useage of words my friend. Isn't that ashame that our society requires a need for us to have to protect and defend ourselves against evil people.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

"Unfortunate need". Veryexcellent useage of words my friend. Isn't that ashame that our society requires a need for us to have to protect and defend ourselves against evil people.
While I agree with that statement to a great extent butI think the usage of "evil people" is somewhat generalized. Evil is a matter of perception and in situations of this nature no one side is evil or good, they are both and they are neither. No one person can be deemed as evil by anyone but themselves. Perception is personal and while I for example perceived Hitler as evil, I'm sure Eva Braun did not ... so who's right!? Neither and both.

I think however it's very tragic that we as humans can not find a common ground to stand on and resolve our differences in peaceful fashion. I realize the ridiculousness level of that statement but I like that particular pipe dream. I think we're entirely too self absorbed and too busy marveling at our own implied magnificence to really see just how wrong we really are in doing so. We find more ways to kill each other and the few times we admit mistakes on a global level they are seldom learned from! We may be an intelligent people .. but that doesn't make us smart! And as I tend to say quite a bit, The intelligence of humans today will be their ultimate downfall tomorrow .... and I truly believe it. You don't have to look very far to see this .. Go back about 500 years then kick the clock back in to gear .. see what "modern" man has done to one and other ... I dunno about you but I'm not particularly impressed with our track record and it's not getting any better as time goes on.
The ironic paradox here is that while we consider ourselves civilized and modern today, we're actually worsetowards one and otherthan what history "teaches" us aboutback in the cave man days when wewere "uncivilized" by modern standards ... And no, before someone states I suggest we go back to living in caves n crap, no that's not at all what I ment by that example. It implies the arrogance and the magnificence I mentioned earlier ...

Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM

My opinion...

I know that prohibition really worked well for stopping the flow of booze in the country.. and no one ever smokes weed or uses cocaine since they're illegal too. Taking guns away from people would just create a new "illegal Market".

Hell, this country was built on spent shell casings. Like it or don't like it, guns are as American as apple pie. The problem with people like this shooter are that too many parents care about themselves, and don't give a rats *** about the children they produce. Stick 'em in front of a TV, and leave us a lone... then wonder why they have no social skills, .. and hate everyone .. or can't cope with everyday life.

That gun didn't lead him into killing everyone.. something in his fawked up head did.. probably as a result of never learning how to deal with anything. He could have easly made a bomb from basic stuff down at the grocery store.. then what .. are we going to ban all the little everyday chemicals it took to make it too?

Too much time wasted going after the WRONG problem if you ask me. Watch a Maury show... how freakin' many times are the shows about people who don't even know who the dads of their kids are.. that's more sick than anything you find in a murder scene to me. We have literaly hundereds of thousands of kids out there that are fawked from the get go.. but when they do something terrible, we'll get in line to blame everything except their screwed up parents who were too busy yelling at each other to even notice they were around. We have people in this country who I wouldn't trust with a task as simple as brushing their teeth, yet they have 10 kids ... with 10 different dads, who they never see, while mom smokes crack.. ... etc etc..

But, let's ban guns so they don't shoot anyone. [&:]I guess if they just break into an old lady's house one night and rape and strangle her, that's acceptable since it's only one old lady.. and no gun was used.

Fix the real problems, and guns won't be an issue. I've owned guns all my lfe, and I have as of yet to shoot anyone.. yet anyway. LOL

Quick Reply: 31 dead in VA tech shooting