PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

31 dead in VA tech shooting

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: 31 dead in VA tech shooting

We can go on debating this forever, so I digress. Bottom line is the situation sucks and it was a tragic event. I wish there was a simple way to solve the problem, but I know there is not.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

I agree Sam. The problem is they won't blame the shooter. Some people will find a way to blame the government or society for not finding a way to help this person before he did this. Some things are just too effed up to understand.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved in this horrible action.
Yep its a cruel world, looking at the whole picture, I just cant see how you could have stopped what happpened today. Where theres a will theres a way!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:33 PM

I just think its horrible and my thoughts and prayers go out to every family member.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:59 AM

As a Cop it pains me now to agree that the only people & guns that fall under gun control will be the law abiding citizens. Nationally speaking, criminal gun owners, for the most part obtain their guns via illegal means.

Gun Control Regs. only govern those who buy their weapons legally, following the regulations!

Now, Assault weapons are a different deal for me. They were created for one reason - KILL HUMAN BEINGS. So those who feel the need to own them as collectors, either better render them inoperative & keep them securely locked away! Now, it wouldnt' eliminate the Criminal from obtaining them completely, but itcould curtail their presence.

I'm certainly no expert, just my 2.5 cents.

David

Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 AM

Not gonna get all involved ..but Guns is what this country won it's indendence with and theyhave been around for over 200 hundred years here in the USA..Creeps and criminals will use anything to kill or rob with..guns are easier and quicker..Don't mean guns are any worse that they were 200 years ago...just that today's society glorifys the reckless use of them in the movies and in music and there is more people that are just crazy enough to use them with reckless disregard to human life..fix that **** and you won't have to worry about guns....Now I have guns to protect my me and family from these guys...Guns don't kill, people kill...

Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 AM
JM

I agree with ZYNE 200%.
just have a look to the crime statistics in ythe USA and in Europe!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

I agree Sam. The problem is they won't blame the shooter. Some people will find a way to blame the government or society for not finding a way to help this person before he did this. Some things are just too effed up to understand.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved in this horrible action.
Ditto!!!

That's all I'm gonna say on this touchy subject.

I just feel for the victims and their families!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 AM

I've said it and I'll say it again though it will have ZERO use as you simply don't want to hear it Racer .. limit the amount produced and you limit what ends up on the black market ... there's simple logic in this that is refused by ya'll because of YOUR take on the matter. Again, you can't steal and resale what doesn't exist. It appears as to me as long as ya'll get a chance to buy your guns, screw the downsides of the matter.
I hear all this talk about the criminals but when the point is made that people change from good to bad so to speak, I hear absolutely NO opinions on the matter which just tells me that your own approach to this is about as thought through as "I want my guns" and left at that.

Personally I don't understand the mentality of "So I can protect myself from the bad guy" ... the second you shoot and kill a person, you're a murderer as well, and yes, that makes you a bad guy. You simply can not remove yourself from the consequences of your actions because "the other guy pulled his gun first" ... it's a chicken **** mentality which unfortunately holds up in the courts in this country. Should you do nothing and get killed yourself? No, never said that .. but you should be treated according to the law when you do. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this to but hey, opinions are like azzholes right, we all have one and they all stink ...

And Thank You JM, another fellow european who knows the difference .. glad to see that! And to the couple of people who actually PM:ed to say it's cool to see someone make a good argument for something and stand by it .. thanks too

Bottom line here is .. problem will never be resolved as long as people don't want it resolved and that's ultimately the issue here .. and for the record I never once said remove them all .. I said LIMIT production so yes, you can still have your guns in my eyes .. there's an unfortunate need for them .. just not in the quantities they are produced .... we spend far more $ on figuring out better and more precise ways of killing each other instead of putting the time, effort, and money on the things that really matter ... but then again, there's no money to be made from for example homelessness so why not produce a more effective killing device instead ... lop sided here folks .. and totally lacking morals ...

Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Not gonna get all involved ..but Guns is what this country won it's indendence with and theyhave been around for over 200 hundred years here in the USA..Creeps and criminals will use anything to kill or rob with..guns are easier and quicker..Don't mean guns are any worse that they were 200 years ago...just that today's society glorifys the reckless use of them in the movies and in music and there is more people that are just crazy enough to use them with reckless disregard to human life..fix that **** and you won't have to worry about guns....Now I have guns to protect my me and family from these guys...Guns don't kill, people kill...

Ironically so does "good" people who flip or simply gets put in a situation to where that's their only out ... can at least ONE of you gun libs actually acknowledge this fact and realize it's not as clear cut as you think it is. And no den, guns don't kill people .. people with guns/weapons of any kind do. It requires human interaction and as long as we're "civilized" and "intelligent" it's a concious decision ... that line is a typical crap excuse to allow it to continue when in fact it once again serves no other purpose than to eliminate the consequence from the action!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: dajacober

As a Cop it pains me now to agree that the only people & guns that fall under gun control will be the law abiding citizens. Nationally speaking, criminal gun owners, for the most part obtain their guns via illegal means.

Gun Control Regs. only govern those who buy their weapons legally, following the regulations!

Now, Assault weapons are a different deal for me. They were created for one reason - KILL HUMAN BEINGS. So those who feel the need to own them as collectors, either better render them inoperative & keep them securely locked away! Now, it wouldnt' eliminate the Criminal from obtaining them completely, but itcould curtail their presence.

I'm certainly no expert, just my 2.5 cents.

David
And hand guns and your plain vanilla hunting rifle or shotgun is designed for what now? This is yet another excuse that simply doesn't hold up .. a 9mm pistol is designed to KILL just as much as an M16 .. nowhere near as effective obviously but lets at least be honest with their intent instead of making excuses even a blind man can see through ..

Quick Reply: 31 dead in VA tech shooting