PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

3.7 Improved throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 AM
CHP

Super's TB is pretty reasonably priced. I don't have his - I ported my own. The ported TB only really helps at WOT. When your port the TB you change it's head loss (air restriction) versus throttle angle. For example, with the stock TB when the TB is 40% open it can flow XX CFM. With the ported TB at 40% open it will flow more CFM. When you first install the ported TB it feels faster only because at the throttle positions you are used to it flows more air/produces more power so it feels faster. You can get the same part throttle sensation if the accelerator position was remapped. You definitely get better air flow/more power at WOT. It is a worthwhile mod.

If you noticed an MPG increase with a ported TB, it is becasue your shift points are a function of throttle position. Since you are opening the throttle less than before to get the same acceleration sensation, the transmission shifts sooner causing your RPMs to drop in the next gear resulting in better MPG.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:07 PM

mph vs rpm will not change from t body upgrade .....unless you swapped ring and pinion also.......just sayin..... t body sounds cool though...

Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 PM

I just did both these MODS this weekend. what a vast improvement in acceleration and hill climbing. I am not stomping the pedal to the floor anymore. I have 35's, PCMTune, AirDoc, MagnaFLow Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body, and Supersparkz. Its a way different truck after adding the PTB and Supersparkz. I am impressed and after I stop hot rodding it all over town, I will let off and see how my gas mileage does. So far its already improved.