PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.7 Improved throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Talking 3.7 Improved throttle response

Installed a ported throttle body and super sparkz on the wifes 07 without her knowing and sat back and waited for any commit
1st day she said that her truck was idiling high. NOTE;after tb install you need to drive it to relearn tb position.{i did not} purposely
2nd day she said did you do something to my truck the throttle is more sensitive to pressure and the trucks rpm are different when driving at speeds I asked her to explain she said that the truck idled higher yesterday for sometime and you were not concerned today the idle was ok but did notice that when i stepped on the throttle that the truck took off faster thought i had stepped on it to hard so next light i took off from i noticed i was applying less pressure and the truck would go faster also on the freeway i could apply less throttle to pass and at 65 my rpms were less so what did you do to my truck.Told her i installed the {ALL SPARK} like in The Transformer movie.she said that it makes the truck more powerfull i said that is the idea.
Conclusion i wanted to know if these mods would work so from an unexpected driver noticed that would prove they work. I drove the next day to try it out the throttle response was very noticeable the full throttle was extremely pleasing all said very good upgrades

products available at 355 nation.net from supermodulation

Old 01-10-2012, 05:19 PM

Got a link to share on them? What's the ported tb run?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 PM

Wow, the TB is pretty pricey. Do you also have a intake on yours?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM

yes the wife also has a cai and catback you can do exchange service with SuperModulation at The Nation's Premier Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum He is a nice guy you can get what info you need from him or the 355nation web site. I will also be getting the e-fans he sales when I am able to get the funds

Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1cool devil
yes the wife also has a cai and catback you can do exchange service with SuperModulation at The Nation's Premier Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum He is a nice guy you can get what info you need from him or the 355nation web site. I will also be getting the e-fans he sales when I am able to get the funds
I don't think Dag wanted a link to 355 nation.

You can buy new $299.95, buy refurbished $205.00, or send your own in for $100.00 plus shipping and your old TB is exchanges as a core. If you buy, James will then buy back your old TB for $65.00.

The people that clamor with accolades about what a great improvement they experience are mostly those that have not already done other mods. An intake or PCM tune by themselves will create a greater boost in performance, and an Efan conversion will free up about that same amount of drag.

Pricey? Depending on which option you choose, I think not.

Another source gmtrucks

It is when you add them all together, that a port/polished TB shines.

I can't see where super sparkz does anything, if it does, you can't measure it on a dyno. We had a Colly customer with that mod, couldn't find it when tested. I am not saying it is bad, just not exciting IMHO.

And BTW.... I went with PCMforless for the Efan conversion.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 PM

Is a pcm4less tune in any way affected by this? In other words, if I were planing on buying both, as well as an intake upgrade and possibly exhaust, should I wait and do the PCM tune last? Or would buying in this order yield the same final results: 35" tires, AirDoc, exhaust (??? undecided if I want to leave it stock or not), PCM tuned for AirDoc, tires and possibly exhaust, then finally ported TB.

The only for sure upgrades I want are 35" tires, AirDoc and pcm tune. Exhaust and TB are undecided, but I want anything the PCM can be tuned for installed first.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Thanks Doc for the break down on SuperModulations tbs service as i do not know how to hook up links as Dag asked for that 355 was how I got info for the tbs service.Also thank you for the info on gmtrucks looks that they port all types of tbs. I will be talking to them for a H2 tbs for my own. Yes it does make a difference to have other mods done as well. The wife H3 is not had a tune yet or my H2 wanted to do all my bolt on first.Also have heard very good things regarding your AIR INTAKE would have got one for our vehicles if were available. My son in law just got a 07 Canyon and asked about a exhaust and cai I suggested your INTAKE looks to be best out.The e-fan thing I bought the PCM4less harness for my H2 but still not sure about the H3 e-fan.Do you know if your AirDocs would work on the wifes H3 with a volant cai when I purchased it it did not come with a tube too replace the resonator I have since made one with pvc it has no bend and fits poorly.As for the SuperSparkz the resistance is lower than the spring so just figure better spark.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by skeptic
Is a pcm4less tune in any way affected by this? In other words, if I were planing on buying both, as well as an intake upgrade and possibly exhaust, should I wait and do the PCM tune last? Or would buying in this order yield the same final results: 35" tires, AirDoc, exhaust (??? undecided if I want to leave it stock or not), PCM tuned for AirDoc, tires and possibly exhaust, then finally ported TB.

The only for sure upgrades I want are 35" tires, AirDoc and pcm tune. Exhaust and TB are undecided, but I want anything the PCM can be tuned for installed first.
As a general rule, you should do the PCM tune last, so that it can best be matched to your other mods. Exhaust does the least, so you can easily get away with that after a tune, not gonna make much difference.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 PM

What are/is super sparkz? serched google and nothing came up

Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DOC4H
What are/is super sparkz? serched google and nothing came up
SuperSparkz Spark Plug Spring Delete UpGrade (Prices & ordering info) - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum

This spring is what is inside your coil on spark plug packs for 07s+
Name:  Picture006.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  881.4 KB

This industrial grade Beryllium copper rod replaces the spring with the theory that it will provide a faster and better electrical connection from the coil to the spark plug.
Name:  Picture013.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  900.6 KB

Quick Reply: 3.7 Improved throttle response