PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 H2 persistent P1125 code. (need help)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:47 PM

Is this the transmission connector? If so i pulled this and packed dielectric grease in the female side connections then took for test drive with no improvement....where is the other end of this connector?
[IMG]Name:  We5PEER.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  872.4 KB[/IMG]

Last edited by DesertDog; 10-30-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:29 PM

Ok, so nevermind that pic above... i found the transmission connector on the other side and it was actually brand new harness that was replaced by the dealer.
I pulled it and packed dielectric grease and reconnected, took for a test drive and maybe im just optimistic but it only did the surge for a fraction of a sec.....thats great but ill do some more driving to verify.
My next questions are:
whats the proper way to grease these weather pack connections?
Where does the other end of this transmission connector go to? (ill start greasing everything)

Old 11-08-2016, 09:25 PM

So no change from greasing the transmission connector!
I'm not sure what else to do to narrow this down. Also when the solus was attached it would lose data connectivity (not power) multiple times throughout the diagnostic drive around town......my neighbor says that this is not common and new to my vehicle, so here i am doing the wiggle test at and around the OBDII connector and i cannot reproduce or cause the Solus to lose connectivity.....so again i'm just stumped and my neighbor says my main cpu could be going haywire... could this be true?
Could a bad cpu be the cause of the erratic throttle or is my torque converter giving out? or is my transmission ****?
thanks.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:37 PM

I bought my 04 last June with 139k on it and it would hunt like yours is, mainly between 45 and 50 mph. Just traded it with 152k and never did get it sorted, but it never threw any codes either. I figured it was just from the mileage on the tranny and converter, and it was a bit worse when I traded it. Was on the verge of replacing both but really needed the 6-speed for mountain driving so got the 08 instead. Hope you get it sorted.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:13 AM

OP,

Bare with me on this. Have you checked the MAF and the air intake connections? The reason I ask is because I had a similiar sounding issue only to find out that at some point the very bottom of the intake tube was curled under and not sealing to the intake. Once in a while I would get bucking and shifting issues. I also noticed that there is a specific position for the MAF to be installed on the tube as well.

Not sure if that will help but best of luck.

Tim

Old 11-09-2016, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by tharber
OP,

Bare with me on this. Have you checked the MAF and the air intake connections? The reason I ask is because I had a similiar sounding issue only to find out that at some point the very bottom of the intake tube was curled under and not sealing to the intake. Once in a while I would get bucking and shifting issues. I also noticed that there is a specific position for the MAF to be installed on the tube as well.

Not sure if that will help but best of luck.

Tim
I can certainly clean the MAF and connections and give it a try. I also have that same curl at the bottom of the intake where it connects to the manifold, and always try to flip it back when putting back on but ill verify that.

The harness/connector to the MAF is also brand new and part of the new powertrain harness that was replaced.

Im willing to try anything......ill report back any progress.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:43 AM

So i cleaned the MAF and greased the connector then pulled and reconnected the intake tube to the throttle body and it did infact have the curl on the bottom, it was a bitch but i greased it a little and got it on completely and correctly......then im sitting in the truck at idle and give a little throttle to 1500 rpm and hold......then how strange the rpm's start to hunt up and down just like driving but alot slower, and im holding the throttle completely steady during this and i can hear the fan clutch loud...then quite during this rpm hunt.

So could the fan clutch cause my surging problem? or am i just reaching?

Old 11-11-2016, 08:37 AM

The curled up intake tube is going to be the big culprit. Make sure the MAF has the arrows lined up too, it made a difference on mine, don't know why.

I also replaced my MAP sensor.

My fan clutch roar's once in awhile but I have not paid attention to engine rpm.

Clear the computer and take a test spin.

Tim

Old 11-11-2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by tharber
The curled up intake tube is going to be the big culprit. Make sure the MAF has the arrows lined up too, it made a difference on mine, don't know why.

I also replaced my MAP sensor.

My fan clutch roar's once in awhile but I have not paid attention to engine rpm.

Clear the computer and take a test spin.

Tim
My MAF only goes in one way so thats good, however i just drove all around town running errands and it drives the exact same if not a little worse, i am actually noticing the surge at lower speeds around 40 mph as well.

So not exactly sure what to do next, i still have this haunting suspicion its the torque converter or transmission, although my mechanic neighbor says that when he has to replace a TC its usually time to replace the transmission as well.

Any other suggestions?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
My MAF only goes in one way so thats good, however i just drove all around town running errands and it drives the exact same if not a little worse, i am actually noticing the surge at lower speeds around 40 mph as well.

So not exactly sure what to do next, i still have this haunting suspicion its the torque converter or transmission, although my mechanic neighbor says that when he has to replace a TC its usually time to replace the transmission as well.

Any other suggestions?
No thats what I was trying to tell you, the MAF has a specific ways to go in. I have no clue why it matters but look on the intake side for an arrow on the MAF and on the tube. THose must line up. On the filter side there is a notch that needs lining up.

Tim

Quick Reply: 2004 H2 persistent P1125 code. (need help)