PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 H2 T-case-rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Default 04 H2 T-case-rebuilt

For sale is a used/rebuilt Hummer H2 transfer case. This is a complete unit with encoder motor. Normally these t-case'sfail when a plastic bushing is bent or broke.for those of you who have experienced this it causes poor disengagement of 4hi lock.this known component has been replaced and the transfer case has been reassembled following General Motors Factory service procedures. The encoder motor itself runs 350 dollars from GM. so that and the hardparts with the case are worth my asking price.Used from a salvage yard this unit runs generally over 1,000 dollars and new is currently 1,500. I have set myasking foralmost half of the common used price as i aquired it for no cost minus the bushing. i am asking $650 shipped for it.
I know that Hummers are hard on t-case's on the trail, its mechanical and mechanical devices break. so this is a good chance to pick up either a spare for your H2 or even a replacement.
Obviously the unit is very heavy and shipping is factored into my price. Paypal or certified check before shipping would be great. i will post pictures shortly. any questions please ask.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Default RE: 04 H2 T-case-rebuilt

I guess the only question I have is why people feel they can just join the forum, not introduce themselves what-so-ever, and then kick in to "sell gear" ... and list their stuff ... you'd probably do a whole lot better if your first post was something other than a sales attempt ... plus I'm guessing you will be hard pressed to squeeze $$ out of anyone around here since we simply don't know ya ... at all ...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong ...

Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM

alright lets see. my name is dustin, im a service technician at Pontiac Cadillac Hummer and Saturn of Sioux Falls, SD

Ispend day in and day out working on the vehicles that this forum is dedicated to. I was reccomended to check out the site by members of the midwest hummer club. I'm also a member of more forums then i care to admit, some of them i'm an active member in because of my interests be it because i own that particular type of vehicle recreational, road, or track. and others i belong to so i can help with personal knowledge and also to buy or sell items that i come across. i spent yesterday finishing up a 70K dollar H2 thats on its way to arizona, if im unworthy to post up a part that i know would be needed by someone then i guess i am sorry forany inconvienence it may have caused.

Dustin

Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 PM

Doode, take a chill pill ... LOL! I never said you weren't allowed ... I simply stated as a newb you could at least introduce yourself properly before pushing your stuff .. plus like I said .. a one post wonder lookin' to do a hit and run and dump some parts and never to be seen again... no offense intended but even if I had to pay $1,000 to get it from someone who has been here a while I would .. credibility goes a long way :-)

Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 PM

I'm with Zyne on the credibility issue, but I am curious, would that thing fit in a H3? From what I understand the transmission cases are the same, just different internal stuff, so it should bolt up to the trans, but is there anything that would prevent it from fitting? Are the ratios the same, or are they different?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:43 PM

i have not heard of them being able to swap. i would imagine the harness is different. i will do some checkin on numbers but i believe inputsand outputs, and quite possibly theratio'swould be different.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:58 PM

im more of a straight line speed type of guy, so forseeing myself owning a hummer in the future isn't too likely. now if i happened to come across a little money(actually a lot of money) then i'd snag up the white alpha out on the lot, an H1 commands the road. and with a duramax it actually feels like your trying to move a suburban instead of an abhrams tank.

anyways...as long as im working here im sure i'll come across more deals on parts, or if there are any questions that anyone has i'll try to help.i took the transfer case out of my garage and took pics of it..i'll try to post them up tomorrow.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Now you're talking Dustin...People here are seeingA FEWlittle issues with their H3s and H2s and withyour expertise that would bea lot of reasssurance if you could answers and be involve with some of our concerns....the major concern right now is the freakin Head/Valve issue on the 06 H3 up to a certain VIN range...Could you shed some light on this as you are involved more so than say we are with the repair end of this..there is a couple of threads at the top of the H3 SECTION THAT IS QUITE ACTIVE RIGHT NOW ON THIS SUBJECT..

And I agree with ZYNE...get to know us, so we can get to know you (and not in the Biblical sense either)

Old 03-16-2007, 11:52 AM

posted under one of the threads.sounds like a lot of unhappy people out there..hope that helps out...

Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 PM

Thanks Dustin..I just read your post up there..Your information will be a big help with the fight with GM regarding this issue...Stay in touch up there with us as this thing evolves...