PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 H2 won't turn over, come out of park, has the battery light

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Default 03 H2 won't turn over, come out of park, has the battery light

I am having a issue getting my hummer to do anything I was hooking a ground wire and positive wire up to my high output alternator to my battery for the subwoofers I have in the back. The ground wire fell on the positive post when I went to get into the back to get a tool shooting sparks everywhere. Well I took it off and checked the fuses everything was fine so I finished hooking everything up. Shortly after everything was hooked up I went to start my hummer and it will not turn over the fans under the hood won't even come on. The battery light is on but all the electronics work from locks to speakers. The dome lights do not dim, there is no security light and it won't come out of park. Also the digital display is not working either, anything engine related does not work. The battery and alternator are both brand new. The cables to the battery are good, I checked all the fuses under the hood and inside the driver side dash. I have put the key in the door and tried unlocking it to make sure it wasn't a security issue. The starter is not even making a noise. I did add a stinger positive battery cable too not sure if that would matter.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

First you should post questions about H2s in the H2 section, so I moved this for you.

Next, I would suggest you carefully go over everything you "hooked up" to make sure all the connections are solid, correct, and in tact. Then I would check the Battery with a tester.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:16 AM

Not shifting out of park is a symptom of a dead battery, try charging the battery and have it checked with a tester.

Neal

Old 05-18-2017, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dustinsh2hummer
I am having a issue getting my hummer to do anything I was hooking a ground wire and positive wire up to my high output alternator to my battery for the subwoofers .

Perhaps the regulator in the alternator blew.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:17 AM

Sounds like you could have burnt a fusible link down by the starter.