Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What do you do for a living (just curious)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Default RE: What do you do for a living (just curious)

Lisa sucks[8D] I was talking to Shorty anyway...so THERE!!!!

Shorty...the antenna is internal. HTe control box it mounted in the glove compartment...dude I moved that SOB everywhere and couldn't get a location where it picked up the signal without moving the switch panel to the roof of the car....it's a switch panel built into a shift ****. I got it to control all teh lights on the car, and maybe to trigger a relay for my sub amps..not sure yet. here is a pic of it

it's a really nice unit....made from heavy metal and much more sturdy that I was expecting...is there anyway to get the signal to be actually picked up by the control box? what if I stick an xm antenna onto the control box itself? I'm lost.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 PM

Commercial Insurance Agent ! (Fulltime Rock Crawler...hehe)

Old 03-13-2008, 06:50 PM

I graduated high school in May of 2001 and worked at a video store. Well 9/11 happened so I enlisted in the Marine Corps. as an Infantryman and ended up as a Machine gunner. Did my stint in the Corps. with a Sand Box visit and returned to my homestate where I became a cop and have been for two and a half years. Have also pondered working at UPS as a part time job since they get a good rep. Would get me my Hummer that much faster with the second job so hopefully that parts works out.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:53 PM

but does she swallow?

anyway, the antenna is inside a metal enclosure? how the fukk is that supposed to work? is there an antenna for the control box, maybe what you thought was a spare wire hanging out and ripped off the box? does it matter where on the roof you hold the switch? driver's side maybe not work so good as the passenger side? is there an antenna connector on the control box? i don't think putting an xm antenna near it, or on it, will help, and i doubt it's actually the xm antenna on the car that's doing any good. did you try mounting the control box on the floor along the console, so it's underneath the shift/switch? i've never been a big fan of wireless inside vehicles, too much opportunity for interference into and from the vehicle. i'm kinda lost on what to try next.

tell ya what, take the hummer next time you go bowling and if i have time i'll take a look at the car next time i'm there - although i doubt i'll have any spare time - you know how she is . . . . . .

Old 03-13-2008, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

but does she swallow?
Shame on you, LOL. I was in Turkey for 3 years at Incirlik. What a dump.

Importkiller - Since you weren't asking me -- an XM antenna isn't going to do any good for you. Your transmitter is on a different frequency than XM, and antennas are made for certain polarization and frequencies. Unfortunately commercial transmitter/recievers on public frequencies must accept all interference. I would contact the manufacturer if I were you and find out what is going on.You need to make sure that you remote is very close to the box. These aren't meant to transmit very far and Metal blocks RF frequencies.

Lisa

Old 03-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sassy, smart, big gun...Lisa is alright.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:15 PM

YUP!!! She fits RIGHT IN!!!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:35 PM

i own my own custom metal fabrication shop with my father and my brother, check it out

www.metal-crafters.com if you guys have an ideas for custom stuff email me, i can make anything

Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM

Hows the real estate market now?

I am in the Navy. 18 years.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Market is still hurting. Financing is not easy. Confidence is down. Hopefully it is close to the bottom ( within a year or so )

Quick Reply: What do you do for a living (just curious)