New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New H3 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Default RE: New H3 Owner

WOW!!! Another forum MODERATED by dics!!!!![sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 01-06-2008, 12:24 PM

lol. This is a vehicle with no one in it... FWIW... wife is 100lbs.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: gmpartsdude

Almost all of them are .5 - 1.5" low up front on the driver side. All it takes is a Torsion Bar adjustment, a11/16" size Bolt to tighten. Measure both sides, and adjust the low side upto even. Search for more info. Here is athread linkwhere Ihooked up a bunch of reading. RE: Want to raise the H3

Old 01-06-2008, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Almost all of them are .5 - 1.5" low up front on the driver side. All it takes is a Torsion Bar adjustment, a11/16" size Bolt to tighten. Measure both sides, and adjust the low side upto even. Search for more info. Here is athread linkwhere Ihooked up a bunch of reading. RE: Want to raise the H3
Ok, so I'm getting somewhere here. First, I was looking for the socket size, since I don't have one that big. It is a 1 1/16 socket?

Now, I have verified that the whole LH side is lower than the RH side. So, I assume if I crank it up a little bit the LF will come up the same as the RF and then the whole left side will be adjusted?

Thanks, this is the best help I've found everywhere.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Suspension Problem?

Before I posted this in the forums... I figured there's already probably enough smart people about this vehicle here to answer my question.

I was Zaino'ing the H3 today... , etc... my driveway kind of goes a little on a slope into my garage. I was walking from the street up to the garage and I noticed it looked like the drivers side was sitting a little lower on the LH side.

A few minutes ago I confirmed this with the tape measure. I understand I can adjust the torsion bars back there. Maybe I can adjust the torsion bar to fix it? It doesn't appear the shock is broken.

Any help would be appreciated.
Can't be sure from your post, but maybe the rear is off too?

If you are off when checking the rear, there is an issue with the rear leaf springs sagging to the left. If the measurement from the rear left is lower than the rear right, (shouldn't be more than 5/16"). you may havethis problem also. It's a simple fix. Just loosen the leaf spring shackle nuts, then shake the crap out of the rear, jump on the bumper a few times, maybe drive around the block, then tighten the nuts to 63 ft/lbs.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: NOMOYELLO

Well,......... maybe, just maybe it's you???? I withdraw my welcome I extended when you joined. Goodbye!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM

gmpartsdude the front end lifts are a great way to go also.....Very easy lots of the board members have them plenty of helpful info. Welcome to the best hummer board!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 PM

congrats you friggen retard....this makes TWO hummer forums you are banned from.....give the computer back to daddy and do your homework.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

and now you have gone and shown the good people of this forum why we have to have moderators/admin... most of the time we just hang out and post like everyone else.

Maybe you thought you could be better on this forum... maybe you want to be normal. You have a great chance... we let you have almost 200 posts... but all you shouted loud and proud was

Old 01-06-2008, 01:10 PM

Ok, so for the H3 torsion bar adjustment, do you need a 1 1/16 socket or a 7/8 socket? HELP lol.

Quick Reply: New H3 Owner