New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

‘93 HMC4 Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Default ‘93 HMC4 Project

Hello everyone!

I’ve recently acquired a GCC Spec 1993 HMC4 Hummer H1, the car has been sitting still for the past 12 years, and hasnt had any mods done to it except a badly installed slantback -which I plan on removing-, and a very bad paintjob, the car runs and drives without issues, but it’s old so yeah of course it needs some TLC, and the CTIS works but has been disconnected.

My goal is to restore the car fully and upgrade it to be driveable in todays’ world.

So far I’ve just changed the rims & tires since it had the factory double beadlock 16.5” rims, and coming across tires is expensive, and the ones on it were dry and I needed to drive it a bit.

I’ve installed 17x8.5” Icon Alloys coupled with 37x12.5xR17 Mickey Thompsons

So here’s my plan ( any advice and/or suggestions are welcome )

- Changing every and all rubber components in and around the car ( hoses, gaskets, seals, etc. )
- Full drivetrain servicing ( Engine, Gearbox, Geared hubs, etc. )
- Radiator change & cooling fans installation
- A/C change & probably adding another extra unit ( Since I live in the hottest country in the world )
- Full custom interior ( Still havent decied if I’m keeping the original beige/wood look or going with a sleeker black/tan combo ) & offcourse a MoMo steering wheel
- Full sandblasting for the body & chassis, and professional grade repaint in it’s original color -R7 High Gloss Red -, LineX for the chassis components & the truck bed
- Full wiring & electrical upgrades ( Exterior, Enterior, Engine, Everything ) LED’s everywhere
- Suspension upgrade ( Rubberduck Cepek adjustables w/ controller )
- Predator steering stabilizer
- 2” RD stage 1 body lift kit
- Rhino tire carrier
- Full front guard
- Front lighting mount ( the one that goes around the windshield )
- Offset snorkel
- Baja Design aux lighting
- SwitchPros 12-slot pad ( to control everything )
- Synthetic winch cable & winch servicing

Optional upgrades I have in mind
- Matte foil wrap in either ( Light Tan, Military Green, Cement Gray )
- Roof Rack
- Bed Rack
- Rock sliders
- LineX for the floors, console, dash, instead of leather & rugs
- Rhino offroad rims
- Engine swap ( Prob. Duramax + Allison )

Gonna get started first on making it mechanically sound & ready to drive first, and that’s planned to start next week ( Hopefully ).

It’s gonna take a while to get it to where I want, but in the end it’ll be worth it, so I’ll be posting whenever anything new happens or gets done!

Old 04-08-2022, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Stock interior pieces are near impossible to find so going custom may be the best route. The original AC didn't really work when it worked. After market on this item is probably the best route also. Anything rubber or liquid should be replaced.

Old 04-09-2022, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Stock interior pieces are near impossible to find so going custom may be the best route. The original AC didn't really work when it worked. After market on this item is probably the best route also. Anything rubber or liquid should be replaced.
Custom interior is where I’m headed tbh, it’s not bad, but it can be done in a much better way.
I’ve seen the A/C upgrades online but I think my best option is just to cancel the stock A/C and have a new extra unit installed, probably one of those that go into freight truck heads.