Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Traction control error code on dash after radio install

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jbrooks99
So the one at this link is all I need to diagnose?
Yes SCAN ALL MODULES & post the codes.

Old 01-17-2024, 11:21 AM

I can say the scanner HummerZ showing is pretty nice. Because I bought it the day he recommended it. It's a bit finicky and slow but works just fine.

Old 01-19-2024, 04:49 PM
Default Code from scanner

The only codes detected from the scanner are: u1000 and b2602, u1017 and u1301. Any ideas from here? I did replace the battery terminal connectors already which were crap.

Old 01-19-2024, 07:21 PM

The only codes detected from the scanner are: u1000 and b2602, u1017 and u1301. Any ideas from here? I did replace the battery terminal connectors already which were crap.

U1017 - Lost Communication With Engine Control Module
U1000 - a generalized issue with the data bus, as well as circuit issues like damaged or poorly-done wiring and connections, or potentially a module that has failed.

Old 01-22-2024, 01:51 PM

Who installed this radio?

The unrelated codes seem to point to whomever did the install F'd up. Seems like the installer was poking around with a test light or meter in the wrong places and has no idea what they are doing and/or connected wires incorrectly!
The new radio installation might have fried a portion of your BCM.

*U1000 Generally, this DTC indicates a faulty control module or circuit. The secondary code helps pinpoint the specific cause. If there are no other active codes, faulty grounds, damaged/corroded wiring or a bad connector contact at the module junction/wiring harness could have triggered the U1000 code. the second code U1017 Lost communication with engine control module (ECM).

*b2602 The BCM stores DTC B2602 in memory. ○ The BCM disables the DRL relay control as long as the fault is present. ○ The BCM disables the DRL relay

*u1301 Voltage supplied to the module is in the normal operating voltage range. The vehicle power mode requires serial data communication to occur. The class 2 serial data circuit is shorted high or low for approximately 3 seconds.

Last edited by TAINTER; 01-22-2024 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:07 PM

maybe the radio illumination wire that supplies the radio from the factory harness is grounding out and shutting down the module. on aftermarket radios harnesses i think its either orange or orange with a white stripe. another issue can be the radio interface module they installed to retain steering control and chimes is pulling down the network bus.

Old 01-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronxteck
maybe the radio illumination wire that supplies the radio from the factory harness is grounding out and shutting down the module. on aftermarket radios harnesses i think its either orange or orange with a white stripe. another issue can be the radio interface module they installed to retain steering control and chimes is pulling down the network bus.
H3s have no steering radio controls.

Old 01-23-2024, 10:41 AM

thats fine the rest may still apply.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:04 PM
Default Fixed traction control failure

Ok here was the fix for two issues.

1) the main issue was the bcm brake control module failure. I replaced this as it was causing the code that low brake pressure. Remember I didn’t have an abs failure just traction control.
2) I had replaced 2 led bulbs in the rear backup lights. These where causing an error code.

Old 02-28-2024, 05:06 AM

Ok here was the fix for two issues.

1) the main issue was the bcm brake control module failure. I replaced this as it was causing the code that low brake pressure. Remember I didn’t have an abs failure just traction control.
2) I had replaced 2 led bulbs in the rear backup lights. These where causing an error code.
Well that’s great news.
Just in case I would run a scan again even it doesn’t show any problems.
Never heard of that a simple light bulb can trigger a code error other than the knock off china spy bulbs.

Quick Reply: Traction control error code on dash after radio install