Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

TPMS Hell!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 PM

I saw a video where a guy used Forscan to turn off the TPMS on a Ford. He simply knew where to find it in the program and changed some numbers and disabled the TPMS notifications. I will see if I can find it. Maybe there is something like it for the H3.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Old 09-15-2018, 07:21 PM

Two of the sensors are less than a month old and the other two about 8 months old.

All 4 sensors are working as they should, but are not communicating with the BCM.....

Tried setting the ply setting to "C", no effect.

Parking brake light is connected and works.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:15 PM

Changed THE sensors, then had the dealer put in a new bcm, then I changed the pcm, and the instrument cluster. Nothing has fixed it. I bought a Tech2 scan tool and it will not communicate with the radio or VCIM, and now I can't get the key fobs to hold in the bcm memory. I think it has to do with the CAN network, but who knows. I'm looking for a bad connection somewhere or broken wire. Needle in a haystack to say the least. I've been working on this for 4 freaking years, when I get the time to look at it. Like today. Anything is fixable. If you have the time and/or money to deal with it. I think there is supposed to be a radio antenna module somewhere in the vehicle. I'm wondering if it is going bad. Maybe the radio frequency signals from the tpms sensors, and the key fobs, go through this antenna module? Just a thought.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by bosscar
Changed THE sensors, then had the dealer put in a new bcm, then I changed the pcm, and the instrument cluster. Nothing has fixed it. I bought a Tech2 scan tool and it will not communicate with the radio or VCIM, and now I can't get the key fobs to hold in the bcm memory. I think it has to do with the CAN network, but who knows. I'm looking for a bad connection somewhere or broken wire. Needle in a haystack to say the least. I've been working on this for 4 freaking years, when I get the time to look at it. Like today. Anything is fixable. If you have the time and/or money to deal with it. I think there is supposed to be a radio antenna module somewhere in the vehicle. I'm wondering if it is going bad. Maybe the radio frequency signals from the tpms sensors, and the key fobs, go through this antenna module? Just a thought.
Wow, you wasted a lot of money & time for a simple fix.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:03 PM

I know it sounds funny but did they check the spare? Apparently the TPMS are monitored through radio frequency and not hard wired to anything.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by AyGuey
I know it sounds funny but did they check the spare? Apparently the TPMS are monitored through radio frequency and not hard wired to anything.
The most common trigger for the warning light is low pressure in the vehicle’s spare tire.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

H3s can ONLY monitor FOUR sensors. After some time in 2007 the factory no longer put any TPMS Sensor in the spares.

Unless somebody programmed in the spare while it was on the ground, there would be no communication with the spare sensor, if the spare actually has one.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
H3s can ONLY monitor FOUR sensors. After some time in 2007 the factory no longer put any TPMS Sensor in the spares.

Unless somebody programmed in the spare while it was on the ground, there would be no communication with the spare sensor, if the spare actually has one.
You are correct, if there is no tpms in the spare, no issue there. My '07 has a tpms sensor in the original spare, however I removed the spare and bracket many years ago and never a tpms warning since then, and I do not monitor the air pressures of the tires on the ground.
Modern relearn tools can cause an issue, if there is a tpms in the spare and not properly inflated.

Old 11-03-2020, 05:24 PM

After all the parts changing, I found that when I run the tire pressure @ 40psi, or higher, the warning finally goes away. What a screwy system.

Quick Reply: TPMS Hell!