PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

switching m.p.h. to k.p.h. odometer reading

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Default switching m.p.h. to k.p.h. odometer reading

hi new to great site. new owner of a 08 h3, bought in canada from the states. is there a way to switch the odometer reading from miles to kilometres? thanks chris

Old 02-17-2010, 10:01 AM

I want to know the same, because I bought mine in Detroit and I live in Toronto, Ontario. Does any one know??? I have tried searching on line but no answer yet. I have got to change the thermometer reading from F to C though.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:19 PM

hey have you had any luck finding out any info yet? what i have come up with is having to buy a new canadian cluster, which will automatically set the odometer in kilometers. I found a place in the states that will sell and ship for @ 240 u.s. I am thinking about it, at first I thought I could live with it but it bugs me. thanks 08 hummer bought from states as well

Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 AM

Hello,
same problem to me in germany. You will have to buy a instrument cluster with the km odometer.

The temperature-display in the mirror can be changed by pressing the power button on the mirror. There are three "modes", off, celsius and fahrenheit.

regards,

jens

Old 02-24-2010, 04:20 PM

You could always try the auto wreckers, i'm sure they would have a few metric clusters kicking around.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:08 PM

you know what's weird, when I first start my H3 it says km before it lights up the whole digital and then goes to mph

Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Default SAE to Metric

I just purchased an 07 H3 in Toronto....It was part of the deal when I bought it. They are replacing the cluster with a metric one. There is no way to change from Standard to Metric. I have an appointement next week. The dealer will take the cluster out, call in the existing mileage to the GM warehouse where they will program the Km's into the new one before they send it to the dealer. That way, no one tempers with the mileage. The dealer has to send the old one back to the warehouse and the mileage has to be exactly as per the phone call.

If you have a built in navigation system like mine, it doesn't matter if you switch it to kms, the voice will still give you directions in miles because the cluster is in miles....Very annoying! I can't wait to convert to metric....Not to mention that the big numbers up on the speedometer will be in metric.

I have an 06 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 (Rev). If you want to convert from metric to SAE or vice versa, all you need to do , is disconnect a quick connector under the hood. Only takes 2 minutes. Then the speedometer and odometer both read accordingly....I wish Bombardier would start making urban SUV's.