PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Save Hummer Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Default Save Hummer Campaign

Since the China deal has fallen through, let's everyone on the forum contact AM General and encourage them to take a look. Their URL is amgeneral.com Go to the bottom of the page and click on contacts. There are a bunch of options to contact them online. Can't hurt..

Old 02-25-2010, 12:59 PM

OP; Do we really need like 5 identical threads for this?

I don't think AM General is interested, if anything there is a better chance that BMW will scoop it like they did Land Rover and try to re-vitalize the brand.

Right now it has a poor P/R image and it isn't making money. Not exactly an attractive investment. Only a handful of companies are big enough to turn it around, most of them have their own problems.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Since the China deal has fallen through, let's everyone on the forum contact AM General and encourage them to take a look. Their URL is amgeneral.com Go to the bottom of the page and click on contacts. There are a bunch of options to contact them online. Can't hurt..
Although AM General may seam like a logical candidate, AM General was spun-off from Jeep so it could focus on US military applications, so I don't think they would be interested in getting back into the consumer vehicle business.

I think the key to finding a buyer is to find an International Car builder that currently isn't in the US market and would like to have a US presence. I think Isuzu is a logical candidate. Isuzu is actually a large commercial truck and diesel engine manufacturer and their car business is a small part of the corporation. Isuzu no longer has any US dealerships so Hummer dealerships would give them a US presence and Hummer vehicles would give them a application for their diesel engines. Additionally Hummer vehicles would not compete with any of their existing business.

I think that now that the sale to China has fallen through, GM will accept the next best offer and an interested party will come to the table when the price is right. Who that interested party might be is anybodies guess, but I don't think the fat lady is even warming up her pipes yet.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
OP; Do we really need like 5 identical threads for this?

I don't think AM General is interested, if anything there is a better chance that BMW will scoop it like they did Land Rover and try to re-vitalize the brand.

Right now it has a poor P/R image and it isn't making money. Not exactly an attractive investment. Only a handful of companies are big enough to turn it around, most of them have their own problems.
I did that because I don't always read the different threads and others likely do the same. Wanted to reach as many as possible. Hummerguy.net say GM is now looking at previous offers. After owning 2 H3's anything else would else would be a letdown.